• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Maruti Alto 2010 ECU/ECM

asiridissa

Question

17 answers to this question

52 minutes ago, asiridissa said:

Starter motor do work. But the ignition won't do. I checked with a mechanic and he said it's the ECU. 

If I were you, I would try the car with another ECU ( I am not sure whether security system to be unlocked for switching the ignition) and verify where the exact issue is. Take it to a professional who does alto or to agents.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, asiridissa said:

Starter motor do work. But the ignition won't do. I checked with a mechanic and he said it's the ECU. 

That is no reason to replace the ECU. Don't waste your money. Run away from that mechanic as fast as you can.

The first thing you need to do is get a diagnostic scan done to make sure there are no error codes. The ignition signal in OBD2 systems works by sensing the Crank Position Sensor signal. So get your Crank Position Sensor checked out. It maybe as simple as a bad Crank Position Sensor. 

Don't blindly replace the ECU without checking simple things first. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Davy said:

The first thing you need to do is get a diagnostic scan done to make sure there are no error codes.

Maybe the mechanic tried to do this and couldn't get the ECU to respond? That would explain him declaring the ECU is FUBAR.

@OP,  is your mechanic reliable? Did he try an OBD reader on your vehicle?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trish_auto said:

If I were you, I would try the car with another ECU ( I am not sure whether security system to be unlocked for switching the ignition) and verify where the exact issue is. Take it to a professional who does alto or to agents.

Will try to do that. But still couldn't find an ECU for that. 

Edited by asiridissa
  • Like 1