• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Exporting a vehicle out of Sri Lanka

Dharshini

Hi,

I rarely post in AutoLanka forum. But I am a regular reader of your posts. In many instances the posts helped me and friends on car related matters. I need a small help from you regarding few clarifications regarding possible export out of the country. One of my uncle came from Germany to visit all relatives here. While going around the country he found an Austin Cambridge (9 Sri ####) - manufactured 1959 and bought it under my name and used while he was in Lanka for the last 2 months. He was fully satisfied with that. Now he went to Germany - But staying in one leg to send that car some how in a legal way to him abroad....:rolleyes:. Is that possible? What will be the legal procedures? If export possible, from Lanka to Germany approximately how much will it cost? Guys and girls please help me if this possible.

Thanks....

13 minutes ago, Davy said:

Hi! The following thread might help with some of your questions. 

Thanks for the reply Davy. I also came across this link and went to RMV and checked. An officer there told that only importing a vehicle under 3 ~ 5 years from abroad is possible under import permits. And he does not aware about any "export" process currently available. Sometimes back he said that there was a specific law of exporting cars. But that will cause millions as tax to be paid. He told somebody tried to export VW beetle car and the calculated tax (which may have to be paid to govt) approx 15 million LKR. So they dropped the idea of exporting the car. So he advised to drop the idea and better find a good car in Germany and use. So I came back. Anyhow, I do not know what he is telling is truth or not.....

If you know any good contact point can you send me via private messaging? Then I can proceed.