• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advise on Toyota Ativ VS Civic EX and Axio

HaeylM

Question

A recent variant of the Yaris has emerged as Toyota Ativ and currently goes for around 6.5M brand new. Although its not a JDM model and is not assembled in japan, Is it worth the price rather buying a reconditioned Axio Hybrid (2016+) or Civic EX (2017-18 model) in terms of 

1) Comfort 

2) Reliability( Specially for continuous long distance driving)

3) Fuel efficiency 

4) Acceleration, Ride comfort and Maintenance

5) Market Depreciation( since i run over 50K on each car i use, I don't look for profits but am concerned about the overall depreciation over time)

Any expert advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 answer to this question

8 hours ago, HaeylM said:

A recent variant of the Yaris has emerged as Toyota Ativ and currently goes for around 6.5M brand new. Although its not a JDM model and is not assembled in japan, Is it worth the price rather buying a reconditioned Axio Hybrid (2016+) or Civic EX (2017-18 model) in terms of 

1) Comfort 

2) Reliability( Specially for continuous long distance driving)

3) Fuel efficiency 

4) Acceleration, Ride comfort and Maintenance

5) Market Depreciation( since i run over 50K on each car i use, I don't look for profits but am concerned about the overall depreciation over time)

Any expert advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

As far as I know the Honda agents are also now bringing down the Civic 1L FK6(which is what I assume you have in mind) in which case you're looking at 2 brand new vehicles wrt Yaris Ativ and the Civic. I have no experience with the Yaris - but if you consider the Civic vs the Axio 

1.Comfort - Civic

2. Reliability - well this can't be predicted no one knows how the civic will hold together but you don't really expect a brand new / 2 year old (in case of the axio) car to break down on a long distance drive just yet. Factor in the fact that the Axio will be a hybrid. (Again I'm not saying hybrid batteries are anything to get alarmed about) 

3.  Fuel Efficiency - the Axio hands down Bear in mind fuel costs as the axio will require 92 Octane fuel but the Civic needs 95. But just remember that on long distance drives the civic doesn't do too bad. 

4. Acceleration  etc.. - Well here's the thing it depends on what you expect - With the civic the thing is it has a bit of a turbo lag at times so the feeling you get is a bit different as opposed to driving a hybrid with an electric motor. The civic has lots of low end torque . Ride comfort and handling I would give it to the Civic. Since you mentioned long distance drives  - I've driven the civic on the expressways and it feels really at home on expressways However disappointingly the steering on the civic is almost as  light /lifeless as on the Axio. 

5. There's currently a wave of mass paranoia in SL over hybrids if that hysteria continues resale value of hybrids might be a bit on the low end so the Yaris or the Civic might be a safer bet. 

i had a similar decision few months ago - a budget slightly lower than yours so the options were similar  and decided to go for the Civic  (SR) since you get a lot more car and you pay a lot less in taxes. 

• Like 1