• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota TownAce Chassis Number

pragas dhoni

Question

12 answers to this question

Yeah it looks like the original colour of that Town Ace was beige and painted in blue. The unique part of the chassis number appears to have been masked during painting as Twin Turbo said. 

The chassis number should also be printed on the info sticker in the passenger side door jamb under "FRAME NO". You can check the original paint code from there as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davy said:

Yeah it looks like the original colour of that Town Ace was beige and painted in blue. The unique part of the chassis number appears to have been masked during painting as Twin Turbo said. 

The chassis number should also be printed on the info sticker in the passenger side door jamb under "FRAME NO". You can check the original paint code from there as well. 

Is there any particular reason for this? Why not just paint a thing layer over it

1 hour ago, Magnum said:

Is there any particular reason for this? Why not just paint a thing layer over it

No idea if there is a legal requirement...but I have come across several painters (including my guy) who masks the code before paint. When asked why my guy said it is to indicate that there has been a color change and that at times it is easier to get the book change done and also stated that sometimes when doing a color change properly several layers of primer, paint etc..needs to be put on (I believe sometimes its a matter of lazness of the painter as well) which results in the numbers getting filled up and being unclear. Therefore the paint needs to be cut which in turn looks like someone has been messing around with the chassis number.

3 hours ago, pragas dhoni said:

COLOUR CODE 058

A quick Google search says 058 is white or warm white. It probably darkened in the engine bay due to dirt and grime and looks like beige. So the colour shown through the blue on the chassis number is the original colour of the vehicle.

12 hours ago, Magnum said:

I'm not sure to be honest. But the points stated by iRage above makes a lot of sense. 

Edited by Davy

4 hours ago, pragas dhoni said:

COLOUR CODE 058

CR COLUR SILVER BLUE

Year:                        03/1999 
Frame:                     KR42                    
VEHICLE MODEL: NOAH: NOAH
GRADE: D:  DX TYPE
DESTINATION: JPN: JAPAN
BODY: VAN: VAN
ROOF: SRF: STANDARD ROOF
ENGINE: 7KE: 1800CC
FUEL SYSTEM: EFI: ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION (GASOLINE)
TRANSMISSION: MTM: MANUAL TRANSMISSION
BUILDING CONDITION: CBU: COMPLETELY BUILT UNIT
FLOOR: V1: STANDARD VAN
NO.OF DOORS: 4D: 4-DOOR
SEATING CAPACITY: 03S: 3-SEATER
COLOR CODE: 058 White
TRIM CODE: LB10

There is nothing to worry about, just a color changed vehicle if all tallying.

Edited by Prangi

20 hours ago, iRage said:

No idea if there is a legal requirement...but I have come across several painters (including my guy) who masks the code before paint. When asked why my guy said it is to indicate that there has been a color change and that at times it is easier to get the book change done and also stated that sometimes when doing a color change properly several layers of primer, paint etc..needs to be put on (I believe sometimes its a matter of lazness of the painter as well) which results in the numbers getting filled up and being unclear. Therefore the paint needs to be cut which in turn looks like someone has been messing around with the chassis number.

Makes sense