• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

SUV with 20kmpl (sarcasm)

fiat fan

Hey guys! So I was in the country for a month and was hacked with rental cars! I was thinking of buying a car for use when I visit yearly! I was thinking SUV because we be hauling ass (5 pax) with like 4 suitcases all the time. The budget is preferably around 5 Mil(can strech to 6.5 if absolutely necessary).

My options are- 

2011 up -Bmw X1 (basic AF and more wagonish,but should be fun to drive right?)

2015 up Tivoli-Already have one in the family,so not that keen!

2015 up Vezi- driving feel is absent, feels weird to drive. Best avoided!

2007 ish harrier. Bit overpriced I feel, but well kitted. Driving feel ? And bit old

2010 up kyron- we actually have a few ssanyongs. They were good cars. Used to own a kyron in 2010 for few months. I used to like the thing. But now I feel its ageing badly. About 3 million, so easier on the wallet and can save about 2 million.

Also any others? 

Fuel and resale not cared for! 

Reliability should be on the higher end though, but a repair or two is ok!

Thanks guys.

21 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Hey guys! So I was in the country for a month and was hacked with rental cars! I was thinking of buying a car for use when I visit yearly! I was thinking SUV because we be hauling ass (5 pax) with like 4 suitcases all the time. The budget is preferably around 5 Mil(can strech to 6.5 if absolutely necessary).

My options are- 

2011 up -Bmw X1 (basic AF and more wagonish,but should be fun to drive right?)

2015 up Tivoli-Already have one in the family,so not that keen!

2015 up Vezi- driving feel is absent, feels weird to drive. Best avoided!

2007 ish harrier. Bit overpriced I feel, but well kitted. Driving feel ? And bit old

2010 up kyron- we actually have a few ssanyongs. They were good cars. Used to own a kyron in 2010 for few months. I used to like the thing. But now I feel its ageing badly. About 3 million, so easier on the wallet and can save about 2 million.

Also any others? 

Fuel and resale not cared for! 

Reliability should be on the higher end though, but a repair or two is ok!

Thanks guys.

Hyundai Tucson or santa fe

Mitsubishi Outlander / Montero

Suzuki Grand vitara

Toyota Rav4

Nissan X-trail

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2018 at 11:56 PM, kush said:

Keep the money in the bank and get a good rental when you visit, it will be cheaper than your maintenance and insurance.

Tried that , but the choice is nasty. Even most high end cars were in bad shape. 

Biggest issue is the mileage limitations, everybody only has 3000KM per month, I usually need like 6k. Extra kms is hella expensive..

3 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Tried that , but the choice is nasty. Even most high end cars were in bad shape. 

Biggest issue is the mileage limitations, everybody only has 3000KM per month, I usually need like 6k. Extra kms is hella expensive..

Take 2 ?