• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla121 or ES5/8 or Mazda 3 or GP1

sankaOne

Question

Hi guys!

I read many threads about above models but can't choose what is the best for value yet.I owned kelisa manual previously for 2 years and now looking for a car below 3M budget .I'm not a daily runner and looking for comfortable,reliable car with comparatively good on fuel .Please help me with this.Thanks ☺️

6 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

I thought mazdas are quite reliable workhorses (except for rust issues that is... any place that retains moisture seems to lead to rust on Mazdas of that vintage)

Definitely, those are rust buckets.Absolute shit of a paint job

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

I’d somewhat agree on the Rusting issues in Mazda’s. As per my 323, rust on the rear wheel wells was bit of an issue. You need to do a proper wash under the wheel wells or else rust tends to form. However; its not a big issue if you take good care of it.

However; the rust issue of the ‘Spare wheel well’ (not the wheel wells mind you) which Hyaenidae has highlighted above should be mainly blamed on negligence of previous owner. I think there must have been a water leak in the boot which must have caused the rust and he must have fixed the leak without doing a proper paint job on the rusted wheel well. He must have applied some anticorrosive paint to cover it up. However; once I noticed the issue as described in above thread in 2012; I cut out the spare wheel well out and welded a new wheel well made out of new metal sheets and did a proper repainting job. After 7 years; It’s still holding on quite good. It was my bad  for not updating the original thread with what I did. ?

9 hours ago, LashNeo said:

I’d somewhat agree on the Rusting issues in Mazda’s. As per my 323, rust on the rear wheel wells was bit of an issue. You need to do a proper wash under the wheel wells or else rust tends to form. However; its not a big issue if you take good care of it.

However; the rust issue of the ‘Spare wheel well’ (not the wheel wells mind you) which Hyaenidae has highlighted above should be mainly blamed on negligence of previous owner. I think there must have been a water leak in the boot which must have caused the rust and he must have fixed the leak without doing a proper paint job on the rusted wheel well. He must have applied some anticorrosive paint to cover it up. However; once I noticed the issue as described in above thread in 2012; I cut out the spare wheel well out and welded a new wheel well made out of new metal sheets and did a proper repainting job. After 7 years; It’s still holding on quite good. It was my bad  for not updating the original thread with what I did. ?

lol  i taught im the only one who face this issue .. ill try my best to do tinkering job rather than doing welding job ? .