• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Vezel RS 2018 vs Toyota CHR 2018

Hiran Walawage

Need to decide which one to buy out of these cars. Any reasons why would I choose out of these? I like CHR more than Vezel, but sense wise solution to buy the Honda as it gives much features than CHR. But here many people's idea to buy CHR.

I visit both cars today, seems Honda vezel has much space than CHR. CHR seems compact in inside.

Any reasons why should I buy CHR over Honda Vezel? Please HELP!!!

In SL people buy either one just to follow the herd. At the end of the day they are both decent cars (they both will have some issue or the other as there is no such thing as a perfect car) and the choice should be a matter of personal preference.

To me I liked the 1.2L Turbo engine of the CHR and the way it handles. I liked the the Vezel because it was a much more involving ride (better steering feel) but didn't like how the Hybrid choked and the gasoline variant suffocated under a heavy load a lot sooner than anticipated (for it was claimed to be).

If I am not mistaken trim level to trim level they are both pretty equally equipped and the differences are mainly dealer options that were bundled up during order. 

The CHR is funkier and the Vezel is more practical.

Agree with @iRage . The Vezel is more practical. Plus is much faster than the 1.2L T CHR. The DCT in the Vezel is much more engaging to drive than the CVT on the CHR. IMO I would put my money on the Vezel despite the CHR being newer and funkier. 

How they look is certainly personal preference ?

Edited by TheFlyingFox

So I will sort out the pros and cons according to me among those two

CHR

Pros

Claims to have a comfortable ride/Better reliability in the gasoline version/Better dashboard design/Has a cool illumination system/Should be better in handling due to rear independent suspention system/Better build quality

Cons

Ugly design for me/Dull atmosphere for the rear passengers/Lacks rear center armrest/Lesser initial acceleration than the vezel/Low ground clearance

VEZEL

Pros

Crisp steering/Better for rear passengers with center armrest and good ventilation/Better ground clearance/Better initial acceleration/Better design/The body is stronger

Cons

Faster depriciation due to hybrid powertrain/Costly replacement of the DCT in the 2013-2016 models/Lacks a bit in the interior built quality/Firm ride/Slipping front wheels/Powertrain is not smooth/Engine sounds like a sewing machine

If I were you, I’d rather purchase a permit and go for a Mitsu Eclipse Cross.

I currently own a CHR GT AWD and I have to agree with most of the things our members have pointed out here.

I have driven a few Vezel hybrids including the RS version and compared to that CHR is fun to drive (specially the AWD version) and interior built quality is better.

Both of them have latest features and techs. CHR has front and rear parking sensors, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert which are not included in the Vezel.

Also it has some cool features like interior illumination, CHR logo projected on the floor when you unlock the car, sequential turning lamp which includes 16 LEDs. For me it looks futuristic and sportier than the Vezel. The 1.2L turbo engine is quite fun to drive.

I agree that the rear passengers feel a bit clostrophobic but it is a price to pay for its sporty design. I don't know why the hell they did not include a rear armrest.

On the other hand the Vezel will always be good on fuel since it is a hybrid but cannot expect it to give fuel figures of a aqua or axio. The latest high trim model gets electric seat adjusters with memory. And the new all LED headlight design is nice too. It has got more interior space too.

One last word: if you are concerned on fuel economy and carry a lot of baggage when you travel, go for the Vezel.

If you're looking for a fun to drive car with latest techs and design, go for the Coupe High Rider. [emoji4]

Sent from my HTC Desire 630 dual sim using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 4