• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking for Auto car around 12kml or more in city

isuru10

Question

My Dear Friends,

I am planning to buy a car with a budget around 1.8 mn to 2.2 mn

1.Looking for auto 1000cc or more  (traveling to office)

2.Mileage 12 or more in city (ordinary driving style)

3.Less maintenance (more reliable)

4.Resale value (value for money)

ref- Elite 2012/ K10 2015 /110 Corolla 2000

currently Elite is my best choice but it's 6 years old now good 110 is hard to find and K10 is little bit over my budget (not a Indian fan)....

any other options are warmly welcome

Thanks!

Edited by isuru10

11 answers to this question

None of these will do 12 in the city. Viva might come close and might even hit 12.110 usually does 8 or 9. K10 is not very efficient either. 

Resale value is a myth. If the government increases tax on a particular category of cars tomorrow, then the resale value goes up. If the govt reduces taxes, resale value will plummet.

Resale value is not value for money. Value for money is when you get a better car for cheaper price. For example, 110 and lancer cs1 or a civic may cost the same and the lancer and the civic is more value for money than the 110 due to options and comfort. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, isuru10 said:

My Dear Friends,

currently Elite is my best choice but it's 6 years old now good 110 is hard to find and K10 is little bit over my budget (not a Indian fan)....

Thanks!

The Viva will be a safe bet , the most economical and recent in that price bracket. 110s while good , spacious , more comfortable than the Viva are quite old and dated now plus it will be quite hard to find a well maintained car with genuine mileage. Value for money ? Viva as it is newer , decent build quality for a Malaysian car, offers most of the comforts and features and its 1000cc which puts it under the segment where little tax is paid. All those cars you have mentioned have decent resale value. I know some people who sold their auto and even manual Vivas within a couple of hours of advertising. 

Others options in that price bracket which are older and will give you a lower fuel consumption figure , March K12,FB15,  Vitz, 2001-2004 Swift,2001-2004 Cruze, Demio, Ford laser, N17 , Mazda 323 etc 

Viva is the smallest out of the bunch but newer and gets decent fuel economy. The car has held up quite well on our roads. 

Edited by TheFlyingFox
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, isuru10 said:

My Dear Friends,

Thanks!

Go for Celerio. which is having a better efficiency over other models. hmmm...price is the problem. Little above your budget.  Don't go for cheap cars which are not equipped with essential safety features though fuel efficient. So far best fuel efficiency figures have been claimed by hybrids.  As far as non-hybrids, Mitsubishi lancer 1.3L manual gear version and vitz too good in fuel.

Edited by trish_auto

6 hours ago, Crosswind said:

None of these will do 12 in the city. Viva might come close and might even hit 12.110 usually does 8 or 9. K10 is not very efficient either. 

Resale value is a myth. If the government increases tax on a particular category of cars tomorrow, then the resale value goes up. If the govt reduces taxes, resale value will plummet.

Resale value is not value for money. Value for money is when you get a better car for cheaper price. For example, 110 and lancer cs1 or a civic may cost the same and the lancer and the civic is more value for money than the 110 due to options and comfort. 

civic is performance base not suite me

CS1 imeam 1300cc so how it dose in city ?

value for money mean 1st car to 2nd car time period i'm looking at least 5 to 10 years or more

8 hours ago, isuru10 said:

civic is performance base not suite me

CS1 imeam 1300cc so how it dose in city ?

value for money mean 1st car to 2nd car time period i'm looking at least 5 to 10 years or more

How can anyone predict what will happen in 5 or 10 years? What if the government imposes a massive carbon tax on old cars? What will happen to old 110s and FB15s? 

Lancer, civic, 110, familia etc. will all do around 8 or 9 kmpl in the city. Only few small hatchbacks and hybrids will do 12 or more. Viva, kelisa, mira, alto, wagon r, fit will give 12.

We dont have sumanadasa as a member of this forum so no one will predict resale value in 5-10 years. 

Just go for the Viva Elite. Ticks all the boxes at that price range. Just don't expect 12+kmpl in city. No one can predict resale value. For example the "Model eka market" days are long gone. I have a friend who has found it almost impossible to sell his vios (which many assume to be a car with good resale prospects)

• Thanks 2