• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Garage to restore old Europeon Cars

tilvin

Dears,

How are you? Hope you are all good. After a long time. Recently I got a very strong strong interest to restore 2 old pugs for my use. One model I am interested in Pug 203 and other is Pug 504. I need to get the job done in good way. If you have any good suggestions for a good Pug old mechs around Ja-Ela, Katunayake or close by, please let me know. This workshop should be capable excellent body work and mechanic work for old pug. Paint work I do not need, since I can do that from another known friend of mine who is a professional on that.

Thanks.

Guys, my interest got changed. I am thinking to restore one Austin Cambridge. I found a good specimen from Galle. Planning to go and bring that next week. Anyway, I am located in Negombo. Friends, can you give a good contact no of a mech who can do repairs on old vehicles. Guy should be trust worthy and knowledgeable in restoration. Other than paint work all other work including body work and tinkering, - that guy should be able to do. Friends please help. I prefer old mech who can do carb repairs on very old European models. Please inbox me the numbers and details.

He...He...?. Thanks bro. I know the pain when things do not work as we expected and when some of our makka bases mess up the things. I have very bad experiences with some of them....That's why I am searching for a good old guy who has the patience to listen to me and get the things done properly. If you know any body who specializes please let me know. Should be close to Kelaniya, Kiribathgoda, Ja Ela, Kandana or Katunayake. From today morning onwards, some idea have come to buy a fairly original condition beetle and restore to factory spec. Anyway in that case I will go for 1.5 litre model. Not the 1.3 or 1.2 ones. Let's see how it goes. I will update with pictures.

Hi Tilvin,

Here it goes;

https://we.tl/t-VZTylmR1R1

I  have shared the link in your email as well. Please follow the download link.  Once you could download them without any issue, please update me.  Content of book should be more or less similar to what you were asking. I guess it is only a version difference.  Let me know if it OK or not.

There are few other books on restoration, conservation, maintenance of VW beetles but they are too heavy.  If you are really after them let me know. 

Cheers

Have a good day.

• 1 year later...

Hi there! Can someone share the book or update the link? I can't download the book from the provided link. About restoring the Austin Cambridge though, I'd like to see the finished result if there is one. My good friend has one and the mechanicals are in good condition but the paintwork is not the best, so he was thinking of repainting it. Share it, please. On the same note, I need to replace my garage doors and to make them taller. Can you guys recommend a company that does that? The same friend recommended https://www.advantagegd.com but I would like some feedback first. Thanks in advance.

Edited by ZoeSkinner

On 12/25/2018 at 5:47 PM, tilvin said:

Guys, my interest got changed. I am thinking to restore one Austin Cambridge. I found a good specimen from Galle. Planning to go and bring that next week. Anyway, I am located in Negombo. Friends, can you give a good contact no of a mech who can do repairs on old vehicles. Guy should be trust worthy and knowledgeable in restoration. Other than paint work all other work including body work and tinkering, - that guy should be able to do. Friends please help. I prefer old mech who can do carb repairs on very old European models. Please inbox me the numbers and details.

@tilvin in case you're still looking for a garage try Ultimate Motorworks in Boralesgamuwa of which @VVTi is a co-owner.  

https://umw.lk/

0112 057 700 — [email protected]

They did some mechanical restoration work on an Austin Cambridge for mutual friend from Kandy!