• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Portable jump starters

d.malan9

Yea they work about 3 - 4 times on a diesel, petrol can go more, but avoid ene charge vehicles like wagon R etc

4 hours ago, d.malan9 said:

Has anyone used a portable jump starter? I have seen plenty of them availabe online to purchase starting from Rs.6000.00. Do you recommend using them?

Bolt power- I am also looking and have read couple of reviews and supposed to be good.A bit higher on the pricing side though.

• Like 1

While I was looking to buy portable jump starters mainly I found 2 type of chargers (There could be more I just did some limited search). One type has capacitors that can use existing charge left on the car battery and gives a boost to start. This one was bit expensive. There was another type that the portable charger has a battery where we need to keep it charged and that battery can give boost to start the car battery. They were cheaper than the capacitor type portable chargers.

So personally I use these 2 portable jump starters. (links are only for reference, they were not the exact sellers I bought from) 

Here is an example using the "Aukey Jump starter" (Only to show that it works, this video was unplanned and i'm not a professional product reviewer) - 

On 12/23/2018 at 9:39 AM, kmeeg said:

While I was looking to buy portable jump starters mainly I found 2 type of chargers (There could be more I just did some limited search). One type has capacitors that can use existing charge left on the car battery and gives a boost to start. This one was bit expensive. There was another type that the portable charger has a battery where we need to keep it charged and that battery can give boost to start the car battery. They were cheaper than the capacitor type portable chargers.

So personally I use these 2 portable jump starters. (links are only for reference, they were not the exact sellers I bought from) 

Here is an example using the "Aukey Jump starter" (Only to show that it works, this video was unplanned and i'm not a professional product reviewer) - 

Thank you mate for the wonderful explanation.