• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need a professional place to fix dashboard cam

Lankanath

Question

7 answers to this question

There are plenty of how to videos on YouTube in this topic including hard-wiring too. you can search and do it as a DIY task which I did about a week ago. Following URL posted by @kmeeg in a different thread also helps a lot.

As for the panel removing tool kit (prying tools), I found a place at kirulapone area with very reasonable price. Can share if you're interested.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, amsandun said:

There are plenty of how to videos on YouTube in this topic including hard-wiring too. you can search and do it as a DIY task which I did about a week ago. Following URL posted by @kmeeg in a different thread also helps a lot.

As for the panel removing tool kit (prying tools), I found a place at kirulapone area with very reasonable price. Can share if you're interested.

Yes, If you are not hard wiring from the fuse box and just using the cigarette lighter it’s very easy. Many dash cam chargers come with 2 usb charging ports, 1 for the dash cam and the other to charge your phone or other device. 

You can even install without tools using your nails and maybe a credit card like thing near the A pillar around the airbag.

Try to buy a smaller dash cam with a good microsd card so it’s more discrete. 

Min my opinion it’s not worth to spend money for dash cam installation.

1 hour ago, kmeeg said:

I just created a bit more detailed installation video for a friend of mine. If you are still thinking of paying someone for an install just have a look at this video. Trust you can do yourself.. 

Good video bro... btw, What was that animal? ?

• Thanks 1