• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Service my allion 260

Cnj

Hey TT ,thnks , yes we have a t.lanka in kurunegala .

I was looking for any comments on users,

Wt is the reason u mention abt transmission.

U have any idea hw much service will cost me, i just bought this machine. Want to do a good service.

Edited by Cnj

22 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Hi and welcome to AL,..

TL Had a dealer in your aeria last tiime I checked,..And pay special attention to the transmission.

TT.

Cnj

I was looking for any comments on users,

U have any idea hw much service will cost me, i just bought this machine. Want to do a good service.

3 hours ago, Cnj said:

I was looking for any comments on users,

Why you wanted to service your car?

On 12/20/2018 at 6:23 PM, gNaveendra said:

Why you wanted to service your car?

As i said i just bought it. Its working fine, But car looks neglected for certain period.that i realized from the conversation i had with the owner. I didnt got any service records either.

I usually go to To***a La***a Kurunegala for all the tune ups and scans. First of all do a full checkup at there. There is a mechanic in the toyota side,who is thin  and wears specs, who did an excellent job. Most probably your car should have done well over 100,000-120,000km or even closer to 200,000km if it was bought from an unknown buyer with no records.Replacements like shock absorbers,steering rack are most likely to exist on any car of the same age,and don’t do replacements from there,as it will cost you a fortune.If money is not a problem or you don’t have any trustworthy mechanic, it’s the safest choice.But places like that will always try to replace the whole part instead of repairing.For all replacements I visit a well known mechanic who does a good job to well known customers.But I’m from Kegalle therefore I have no idea about good mechanics in Kurunegala area.But I know few bad garages in Kurunegala area and P.M me if you need further details.Get details from you friends,relations and neighbours about garages,since Kurunegala is a town filled with garages, definietly you’ll find a good place.But before any of that,make sure to do a full scan and checkup from Toy Lan.

For the prices, I did a full tune up,changed spark plugs,petrol filter(which is located inside the fuel tank) and engine seals together with the injector cleaning.It costed me 30,000.But your Allion has iridium spark plugs which can cost you about 15,000-20,000 to replace.Mine has copper plugs and it cost me only 4,000.The petrol filter cost about 9,000.

My advice is to set aside atleast 100,000 for the running repairs since it has no records.

Edited by alpha17
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2018 at 7:01 PM, alpha17 said:

I usually go to To***a La***a Kurunegala for all the tune ups and scans. First of all do a full checkup at there. There is a mechanic in the toyota side,who is thin  and wears specs, who did an excellent job. Most probably your car should have done well over 100,000-120,000km or even closer to 200,000km if it was bought from an unknown buyer with no records.Replacements like shock absorbers,steering rack are most likely to exist on any car of the same age,and don’t do replacements from there,as it will cost you a fortune.If money is not a problem or you don’t have any trustworthy mechanic, it’s the safest choice.But places like that will always try to replace the whole part instead of repairing.For all replacements I visit a well known mechanic who does a good job to well known customers.But I’m from Kegalle therefore I have no idea about good mechanics in Kurunegala area.But I know few bad garages in Kurunegala area and P.M me if you need further details.Get details from you friends,relations and neighbours about garages,since Kurunegala is a town filled with garages, definietly you’ll find a good place.But before any of that,make sure to do a full scan and checkup from Toy Lan.

For the prices, I did a full tune up,changed spark plugs,petrol filter(which is located inside the fuel tank) and engine seals together with the injector cleaning.It costed me 30,000.But your Allion has iridium spark plugs which can cost you about 15,000-20,000 to replace.Mine has copper plugs and it cost me only 4,000.The petrol filter cost about 9,000.

My advice is to set aside atleast 100,000 for the running repairs since it has no records.

Thanks bro..