• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Check engine with engine miss in suzuki swift

maskventura

Question

Hi Experts,

I recently bought a Japan Suzuki Swift 1.3 (YOM 2005). After I drive it for around 20kms, it indicates the check engine indicator and at the time engine will give a noticable miss. Usually this happens when I accelerate bit more after slowing down. After sometime, the indicator turns off and engine will come back to normal. Sometimes if i try to start the engine after i turned it off, it doesnt start at all. And this issue won't indicate when we scanned it.

Here's what I have done so far. I have changed spark plugs and the coils. Changed the fuses in the fuse box to all original japan fuses. Replaced the cam sensor.

So far nothing has worked. My elecrical guy's opinion is that we should replace the control box. 

If any of you guys has come across this kind of issue or if you can think of something, please share.

Thanks,

M

6 answers to this question

We did that. But the scanner doesnt show anything. And the guy said he scanned the gear box side and it indicated a error in engine control unit. And also he tried to scan the control unit after removing some sensors and even then scanner didnt show any issue. Thats why he's so sure that issue is in the control unit itself.

17 hours ago, maskventura said:

We did that. But the scanner doesnt show anything. And the guy said he scanned the gear box side and it indicated a error in engine control unit. And also he tried to scan the control unit after removing some sensors and even then scanner didnt show any issue. Thats why he's so sure that issue is in the control unit itself.

Sounds to me like you need a second opinion from a better garage. Take it to the agent and they will have the proper Suzuki diagnostic tools to scan it with and even historical errors that are still in the ECU error log.

4 hours ago, Davy said:

Sounds to me like you need a second opinion from a better garage. Take it to the agent and they will have the proper Suzuki diagnostic tools to scan it with and even historical errors that are still in the ECU error log.

Thanks. I think that is the best thing to do atm. Will do that.

Thanks again for all of your comments