• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lakmalv

Looking to buy a new vehicle for like 3.2million

Question

Hello everyone. I am looking to buy a new car for like 32 lakhs. I am not a car expert so your ideas will help me alot. I have some options in my mind. I was looking to go for a Hinda Fit gp1 but I saw a post that it has some mechanical problems like engine oil draining. Belta and Yaris and wagon r are my other options. I am going to buy this with a 5 year lease and will be using it for next 5 years. I would use this vehicle for my daily works. Please give me your thoughts and help me to find a good vehicle. 

8 answers to this question

obviously zero mileage = 2018 = beyond budget BUT UNREGISTERED does not mean zero mileage so you can source a late 2015/ early 2016 Vitz with a bit of mileage ~20,000 for 3.4 ish for example there's a 2015 unreg Vitz with 17,000 kms on the clock for 33.75 on the famous car classified site... but of course when you're buying from the numerous car-sales be sure to get the vehicle checked. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lakmalv said:

Hello everyone. I am looking to buy a new car for like 32 lakhs. I am not a car expert so your ideas will help me alot. I have some options in my mind. I was looking to go for a Hinda Fit gp1 but I saw a post that it has some mechanical problems like engine oil draining. Belta and Yaris and wagon r are my other options. I am going to buy this with a 5 year lease and will be using it for next 5 years. I would use this vehicle for my daily works. Please give me your thoughts and help me to find a good vehicle. 

According to your concerns go for a any Suzuki (WagonR, Spacia, Hustler, Alto) model or any Daihatsu model. Those are within your budget. Belta and Yaris not in your budget.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lakmalv said:

The cars you've mentioned are not quite in the same league - if you're going the Yaris route you're looking at something from 2008 dated design but solid car - on the down side when you are done with it it will be a 15 year old car. The GP1 is a solid car (yes the oil issue has hit a few cars -check the thread and you can find the chassis numbers affected) If I were you i'd use it as a bargain point and try to get a GP1 for cheap and keep aside some cash to fix the issue. Having owned one I can say it's a true all-rounder and way more car for your money than the wagon R.

BUT if you do buy a proper wagon  R (not tampered stuff from the roadside car sale) it will probably give you 5 years of trouble free motoring. Bear in mind the wagon R is a kei car made for that purpose - sri lankans use them like they used their dad's townace and complain that it prematurely develops issues. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lakmalv said:

What do guys think about Toyota vitz. I might be able to buy a used car 

Vitz is an Ok car - nothing special you get a decent car - a slightly under powered 1000 cc engine that will wheeze a bit when you want to overtake but other than that it's ok for day to day use - you could get a 2015 ish one for that budget :if you can fork out another 2 lakhs or so you can even get an unregistered car. 

• Like 1

You could go for a 2010 - 2012 Nissan Tiida...

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, matroska said:

Vitz is an Ok car - nothing special you get a decent car - a slightly under powered 1000 cc engine that will wheeze a bit when you want to overtake but other than that it's ok for day to day use - you could get a 2015 ish one for that budget :if you can fork out another 2 lakhs or so you can even get an unregistered car. 

Unused and/or zero mileage Vitz is beyond your budget.  its over 4.0 m. But if you are particular on toyota you can go for a pixis. Passo also slightly above your budget. 

Edited by trish_auto
  • Like 1