• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

5.5 million car options?

Pras0006

Question

Hi , my budget is 5.5 million max and what is the best cars or crossover I could get in that budget. And since I live in nuwaraeliya it should be friendly with the mountains . After some online search i have come across

1.Honda civic SR 2017

2.Suzuki scross sx4 2017

3.Honda grace 2014/15

4.Honda vezel 2015... are there better options. please help me choose the best option..

15 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

I own a 2013 Allion machan:D

You're the guy who dared to say Allions and Premios have no driving pleasure to @Kanishka12345's face despite being a owner of one :angry-smiley-044:

2 hours ago, Kanishka12345 said:

:action-smiley-033:

No, that's not the double-middle-finger emoji even though it looks that way 

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

You're the guy who dared to say Allions and Premios have no driving pleasure to @Kanishka12345's face despite being a owner of one :angry-smiley-044: 

?Really I said what I felt.But it has more driving pleasure than the Axio Hybrid.I have driven most of the mainstream jap cars imported to SL and among them, I think GP5 is the best for driving. Allions and Premios has the barge like feeling.Numbest car I’ve ever driven was the Axio hybrid.Anyway I’m yet to push the Allion to a corner in an aggressive way?

I think he is refering to the smoothness of the car as driving pleasure

10 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

I think he is refering to the smoothness of the car as driving pleasure

see this is why some factors vary depending on the user - some folk acquire certain automotive tastes. Some like cars that are like libraries others like me find it dead boring. The most enjoyable ride i had ever was in an ancient VW doing 80-90 KMH rattling like hell and screaming like a banshee. It's good to have guys like you on the forum to get unbiased opinions on cars with mass-appeal. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, matroska said:

The most enjoyable ride i had ever was in an ancient VW doing 80-90 KMH rattling like hell and screaming like a banshee. 

Okay, let's see - Allion and Premio owners find those cars enjoyable because of their comfort and smoothness.

Which qualities of the Civic make driving that car an enjoyable experience for you?

For me, I really love when the Turbo kicks in, specially in double cabs and jeeps.

In relavance to the topic, Allions and Premios have a considerable amount of body roll when cornering, but the way you dive in to the corner can vary the amount. I’m still new to the car and I’m totally satisfied for what I’ve paid for. I moved from a car which is closer to 20 years old to 5 years old and paying an extra over 2 million. Really amazed how the same engine from the 121(with many tweaks) perform extremely quiet and economical while giving okish acceleration for day to day driving in a much heavier car. 

Also the extra 2million really showed me good people and bad people. Only about 4-5 were happy about what I had done and really appreciated. Others...yeah they were not happy at all:D

Edited by alpha17
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

Also the extra 2million really showed me good people and bad people. Only about 4-5 were happy about what I had done and really appreciated. Others...yeah they were not happy at all:D

This happened to me . :D

About driving pleasure I expect car to provide comfort and refinement(not compared to Euros you know) in daily Colombo city driving  for obvious reasons over handling. For long journeys I always travel with family and need them to be comfy as well for couple of hours of driving with all sorts of morons in the road. So yeah my driving pleasure is based on relaxed driving with relative comfort which Allion is pretty good at. I think I passed that age to be enthusiastic to  drive in SL roads. :P OP can figure out what his definition of practicality and comfort suit for him and go for the car he want.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hrm said:

This happened to me . :D

About driving pleasure I expect car to provide comfort and refinement(not compared to Euros you know) in daily Colombo city driving  for obvious reasons over handling. For long journeys I always travel with family and need them to be comfy as well for couple of hours of driving with all sorts of morons in the road. So yeah my driving pleasure is based on relaxed driving with relative comfort which Allion is pretty good at. I think I passed that age to be enthusiastic to  drive in SL roads. :P OP can figure out what his definition of practicality and comfort suit for him and go for the car he want.

I too agree with you mate?

On 2/18/2019 at 11:28 PM, Hyaenidae said:

Which qualities of the Civic make driving that car an enjoyable experience for you?

Ok let me be a bit brief (and not type what I intend to type in the next blog post :D ) and i think we are going OT - simply put it handles well. The car is very well 'planted' especially at high speeds and taking corners the low seating position gives you good feel of the road . Steering is a bit on the lighter side more in the premio/axio league (which is a big downer). And it's actually quite spacious and allows the driver to stretch out nicely.  Less toll on the body compared to my previous car (a fit) 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, matroska said:

Ok let me be a bit brief (and not type what I intend to type in the next blog post :D ) and i think we are going OT - simply put it handles well. The car is very well 'planted' especially at high speeds and taking corners the low seating position gives you good feel of the road . Steering is a bit on the lighter side more in the premio/axio league (which is a big downer). And it's actually quite spacious and allows the driver to stretch out nicely.  Less toll on the body compared to my previous car (a fit) 

Thanks! it's fascinating to see how automotive tastes differ from person to person. :)

Since OP hasn't logged in since Feb 2 I guess the thread has served its purpose so a bit of OT talk won't matter that much :D