• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

5.5 million car options?

Pras0006

Question

Hi , my budget is 5.5 million max and what is the best cars or crossover I could get in that budget. And since I live in nuwaraeliya it should be friendly with the mountains . After some online search i have come across

1.Honda civic SR 2017

2.Suzuki scross sx4 2017

3.Honda grace 2014/15

4.Honda vezel 2015... are there better options. please help me choose the best option..

6 hours ago, Pras0006 said:

Hi , my budget is 5.5 million max and what is the best cars or crossover I could get in that budget. And since I live in nuwaraeliya it should be friendly with the mountains . After some online search i have come across

1.Honda civic SR 2017

2.Suzuki scross sx4 2017

3.Honda grace 2014/15

4.Honda vezel 2015... are there better options. please help me choose the best option..

used ? unused ? in SL

9 hours ago, Pras0006 said:

Any condition is fine..

Well, first you have to decide whether to go for a sedan or a suv/crossover. If you frequently drive in slippery and hilly roads, better to get a AWD or 4WD. Make sure which has the functions that serves for your purpose. With latest models you get all these sophisticated traction control systems, electronic stability controls, electronic brake distribution systems for a reasonable price tag.  So first decide what are your requirements and concerns (driving conditions/size/ fuel economy/second hand market/etc), then you can narrow down your search. 

If you are planning to drive both off road and paved roads in regular basis, better to go for a All wheel drive (AWD) vehicle. There are many suv/cross overs and few sedans.

If you are not familiar with all these off road technologies used in vehicles, you can refer following videos.

17 hours ago, Pras0006 said:

1.Honda civic SR 2017

2.Suzuki scross sx4 2017

3.Honda grace 2014/15

At 5.5 I assume you're looking at a registered SR but I don't think you can get a SX4 for that price unreg - and are there already used ones for sale? So few of them came in I'm surprised that there are some for sale. 

How bad are the roads in your area? Average colombo/suburb roads are ok with the civic - but maybe it won't do well with really bad roads. Mountains - I haven't done Nuwera Eliya yet but the civic is okish on average hills so far - turning off eco mode would help. 

As mentioned above a used Mazda 3 would also be good choice if you can find one. If your roads are really bad consider a used SUV/crossover.

Edited by matroska

13 hours ago, GayanR said:

premio 260

Conventionally yes. Practically at 5.5 OP is looking at a 5-6 year old specimen. When it comes to used "everybody's favorite" cars like premios etc finding a proper specimen is really difficult. Check the status updates section where an AL member is searching for a good Allion 260 for months now. Most cars out there are owned by buying and selling peeps have tampered odos and zero maintenance records. 

Finding a good Allion/Premio nowadays seems to be the one of the hardest thing I’ve ever tried.Make sure to get a home used car with maintainence records.I have been checking 07-09 Allions for about a month now and still couldn’t find a single one to justify the excess price that I’m going to pay over my current 121.Almost all of them gave me the impression that even if the owners asked to exchange them for mine without any additional cost,i would say no and take my 121 home???.Even the 2016-2017 Allions/Premios have tampered meters,just reducing a  10000kms.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 5:27 PM, Kanishka12345 said:

Premio 260  driving pleasure

?

11 hours ago, Pras0006 said:

Thanks guys for the advice.. I finally found a brand new 2018 sx4 unregistered for 5.9...

Excellent choice - the SX4 looks a nice vehicle with a bit of  ground clearance too - there is very little info about that on this forum. Can you do at least a short-review about the car would be useful for a future potential  buyer. 

As im using it and very delighted with the driving pleasure

Driving pleasure is a word that never go hand in hand with the Allion or Premio mate:sport-smiley-004:

Edited by alpha17

Premio 260 is the most ideal car for you... As im using it and very delighted with the driving pleasure of it.. Mine is 2013 model...Good if you can go for a model after 2010..:)

Did you mistake the people attention as driving pleasure??

Edited by GayanR

18 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

You awfully sound like a guy from EK I know :D 

Allions or Premios were never attention-grabbing head-turners ? 

There are people who get bon#ers for fuel figures like 20kmpl. Not only there big head but also little head would turn when they see thes econoboxes.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kanishka12345 said:

LOL .... thats all what you know..:D

@Hyaenidae gave you the answer mate. Anyway I’ve driven almost all the popular models in SL,you name it.I valued comfort over driving pleasure so I chose an Allion over a Honda or a Mazda this time.Anyway driving pleasure is a relative term machan.But an Allion and a Premio has a bit of driving pleasure left when compared to an Axio Hybrid.

Edited by alpha17

22 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

@Hyaenidae gave you the answer mate. Anyway I’ve driven almost all the popular models in SL,you name it.I valued comfort over driving pleasure so I chose an Allion over a Honda or a Mazda this time.Anyway driving pleasure is a relative term machan.But an Allion and a Premio has a bit of driving pleasure left when compared to an Axio Hybrid.

Compared to the axio what I have felt with the premio is the weight of the car. As you get in and drive it you feel is more planted and a nice heavy feeling of the car , a feeling which is a little close to getting in and driving a European car. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheFlyingFox said:

Compared to the axio what I have felt with the premio is the weight of the car. As you get in and drive it you feel is more planted and a nice heavy feeling of the car , a feeling which is a little close to getting in and driving a European car. 

I too agree for that mate. It’s been two weeks since I bought the car but I had one trip to galle, one trip to Kandy,two trips to airport and one trip to anuradhapura through Matale, and I clearly see an improvement in most areas than my previous car. Most notable thing is the comfort level. Also it always returned fuel figures around 18kmpl with 3 or 4 people with A/C, which is not bad at all. I calculated the fuel figures by the top up method.Another thing I really wanted to mention is the Nanoe a/c system which keeps out the skin from drying. It just seems like a marketing gimmick, but it is a really useful feature if you spend a lot of time in a car.

The problem is most SL sellers and users brag about these cars like they are the best cars in the world?

Edited by alpha17

On 2/15/2019 at 9:25 PM, alpha17 said:

I too agree for that mate. It’s been two weeks since I bought the car but I had one trip to galle, one trip to Kandy,two trips to airport and one trip to anuradhapura through Matale, and I clearly see an improvement in most areas than my previous car. Most notable thing is the comfort level. Also it always returned fuel figures around 18kmpl with 3 or 4 people with A/C, which is not bad at all. I calculated the fuel figures by the top up method.Another thing I really wanted to mention is the Nanoe a/c system which keeps out the skin from drying. It just seems like a marketing gimmick, but it is a really useful feature if you spend a lot of time in a car.

The problem is most SL sellers and users brag about these cars like they are the best cars in the world?

But muchan when the hybrid battery went off soon before 100,000 km which is a famous issue in your model you will have empty pockets again...I too had a Prius earlier and had many frustrating experiences..Thats why im saying...:drinks:

48 minutes ago, Kanishka12345 said:

But muchan when the hybrid battery went off soon before 100,000 km which is a famous issue in your model you will have empty pockets again...I too had a Prius earlier and had many frustrating experiences..Thats why im saying...:drinks:

I don’t have a hybrid machan.Never owned one?