• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sting ray, Axia, wigo

Alpha 7

Question

Axia, wigo ,stingray, out of these cars which one is best To buy, and I am also in concern with fuel efficiency and maintenance cost.I don't know whether this is true or not but some say suzuki wagon r and stingray has some huge maintenance cost, they say parts also expensive,Since this will be my first car i hope to get your advice.would love to see some sting ray owners comments as well.and also do these cars have a second hand market?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, waka said:

In the facebook fan page of Wagon R and other Lankan pages on on motor mechanics, some people posted about their issues with their WagonR. It was introduced just 3 years ago and most of them were imported as zero mileage ones, having issues this early surely not a good sign with reliability.

As I said earlier the problem with the Wagon R's and Kei's are not the vehicles themselves but the way people use them. These are purpose built cars made for the city with their small engines - not meant to run to the moon and back. Yes the old dolphins and townaces and 110's would run even without proper maintenance and would haul bricks and run on kerosene so the buyers expect these to withstand all that abuse.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, matroska said:

As I said earlier the problem with the Wagon R's and Kei's are not the vehicles themselves but the way people use them. These are purpose built cars made for the city with their small engines - not meant to run to the moon and back. Yes the old dolphins and townaces and 110's would run even without proper maintenance and would haul bricks and run on kerosene so the buyers expect these to withstand all that abuse.

Quite true.....I was back in SL last week and had a rented out standard Alto....I actually loved the thing. I had previously driven only a RS Turbo in Japan and this was the first time I drove the standard for more than a day.  It had a bit of a lag from stand still (which you can get used to and learn to adapt to after sometime) but whilst going in city traffic it was nippy and quite nice to handle (manageable oversteer and didn't feel like a bread bin trying to roll over like the Maruti Altos). So yes...the kei cars are fine for what they are built for. 

• Like 1

My brother having a 2016 Axia and did little less on fuel compared to my Vitz at the time. Guess fuel efficiency has improved with the new ones having VVTi engines. Go for the cheaper one, Axia.

In the FB wagonR group I see they report problems of cars with very low mileages 2017ish. As Matroska said it could be that they are being put to heavy use despite being a kei or lack of maintenance/knowledge by newer car buyers or too much packed electronics with a tiny engine in our harsh road conditions or whatever.

23 hours ago, waka said:

In the facebook fan page of Wagon R and other Lankan pages on on motor mechanics, some people posted about their issues with their WagonR. It was introduced just 3 years ago and most of them were imported as zero mileage ones, having issues this early surely not a good sign with reliability.

True,now I'm thinking to buy a vitz 2018 although it's little bit out my pay grade.any thoughts?