• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sting ray, Axia, wigo

Alpha 7

Question

Axia, wigo ,stingray, out of these cars which one is best To buy, and I am also in concern with fuel efficiency and maintenance cost.I don't know whether this is true or not but some say suzuki wagon r and stingray has some huge maintenance cost, they say parts also expensive,Since this will be my first car i hope to get your advice.would love to see some sting ray owners comments as well.and also do these cars have a second hand market?

Thanks.

Out of all three models, Suzuki wagon R is a better option due to these reason

1. All three operate in 3 cylinder engine. when it comes to 3 cylinder, dynamic balancing and overcoming the vibration have been a challenge for decades. But Suzuki has manged to get around this problem to a satisfactory level.  When you sit on all these models in idling, you feel the difference. So better go and experience by yourself rather depending on what others say.

2. When it comes to maintenance, there is no big difference out of all three. But Suzuki engines are very reliable and less wear and tare.  I don't agree with the below post of early stage sludge formation.  It happens either if you use wrong type of engine oil, delayed oil replacement or problem with the oil filter.  Our people are very smart to change odo meters, be careful to get it from a reliable place unless it is not from agents.

3. Interior quality ( comfort, finish) and other options are far better than other two models. 

In Question:

1. wagonR are, kei models , so they have physical car size and engine capacity limitations. Example you are not allowed to carry three people in rear seat.  Other two options comes with 3 cylinder 1.0 L engines.  So people think  it may be quicker in initial pickup.  But for me I don't find any issue , since it uses s-ene technology.  During the pickup, it extract additional power from the hybrid battery.   If you can manged to get a turbo version it would be far better. But only a few people getting down turbo versions.

2. Idling stop:  WagonR is built to save power. so it automatically stops the engine in longer idling times. If you do more frequent stops, it may be a problem to the life of the hybrid battery.

3. Other two models are non-hybrid. So if you worry too much on hybrid battery life and replacement cost don't go for a wagon R.  Usually you don't get any problem with the hybrid battery within first 5 years. But our car dealers are very smart to swap the batteries with unused cars.

3 hours ago, waka said:

Be careful with maintenance, some cars already had problems with sludge so early? 43067693_2051912625121644_7057379214407761920_n.jpg.b7039925ff9df40a69e9bd87d633578d.jpg

43288391_2051912195121687_5447681525485142016_n.jpg

what is the mileage of this car ?

Edited by trish_auto
  • Like 2

Axia and the Wigo are more or less in the same class with the buyer ending up paying more for the Toyota name plate.  Peroduas are time tested tough cars with simple mechanics quite suited our conditions. If fuel is a huge concern the Wagon R would make sense but do a calculation and see the total cost of ownership. Sri Lankan car buyers place too much emphasis on the fuel efficiency IMO... if it was me I'd go for the Axia. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 12:10 AM, Alpha 7 said:

Axia, wigo ,stingray, out of these cars which one is best To buy, and I am also in concern with fuel efficiency and maintenance cost.I don't know whether this is true or not but some say suzuki wagon r and stingray has some huge maintenance cost, they say parts also expensive,Since this will be my first car i hope to get your advice.would love to see some sting ray owners comments as well.and also do these cars have a second hand market?

Thanks.

Out of them other than wagon R  and Stingray, others are non-japanese makes.  If you worry about second hand market go for a japanese make. Obviosuly WagonR and Stigray ares far better in its interior quality than other two.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, matroska said:

Axia and the Wigo are more or less in the same class with the buyer ending up paying more for the Toyota name plate.  Peroduas are time tested tough cars with simple mechanics quite suited our conditions. If fuel is a huge concern the Wagon R would make sense but do a calculation and see the total cost of ownership. Sri Lankan car buyers place too much emphasis on the fuel efficiency IMO... if it was me I'd go for the Axia. 

Thanks for the reply since I am an amateur to the motor world please explain me this ? I don't understand why you said to do a total Calculation and if you don't mind can you please give out your reasons why do you go for axia, as I mentioned I am worried about the maintain cost too.hope to see a Reply from you.

Thanks

3 hours ago, trish_auto said:

Out of them other than wagon R  and Stingray, others are non-japanese makes.  If you worry about second hand market go for a japanese make. Obviosuly WagonR and Stigray ares far better in its interior quality than other two.

Thanks for the reply,let's hear others opinion as well,like I said would love to  hear Wagon R and Stingray owners user experience and opinion as well..

17 hours ago, Alpha 7 said:

Thanks for the reply since I am an amateur to the motor world please explain me this ? I don't understand why you said to do a total Calculation and if you don't mind can you please give out your reasons why do you go for axia, as I mentioned I am worried about the maintain cost too.hope to see a Reply from you.

Thanks

Total cost of ownership will be your initial cost+ fuel costs+ maintenance costs etc. For example if service costs are high for car A but it does good on fuel and Car B service costs are low but does not do good on fuel eventually  the total cost of ownership might be the same. So don't think ONLY about fuel consumption. 

As for the Axia - it's a simple but solid car. Peroduas have fared well in SL (Kelisa , Viva etc) You get it from the agents and u***mo are one of the better agents out there. Out of the two other options the wigo is more or less the same as Axia but more expensive.

The wagonR will give you more bells and whistles but is more expensive (assume you're not buying a used one) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matroska said:

Total cost of ownership will be your initial cost+ fuel costs+ maintenance costs etc. For example if service costs are high for car A but it does good on fuel and Car B service costs are low but does not do good on fuel eventually  the total cost of ownership might be the same. So don't think ONLY about fuel consumption. 

As for the Axia - it's a simple but solid car. Peroduas have fared well in SL (Kelisa , Viva etc) You get it from the agents and u***mo are one of the better agents out there. Out of the two other options the wigo is more or less the same as Axia but more expensive.

The wagonR will give you more bells and whistles but is more expensive (assume you're not buying a used one) 

Thanks for the lengthy explanation.much appreciated.?

8 hours ago, TheFlyingFox said:

Wow is this a poor design or running for excessive amounts without changing oil ? I'm guessing the latter. 

See this is the problem -If I may generalize this a bit at the expense of slightly drifting away from the specific question -  the Wagon R is quite affordable to the average Sri Lankan - so instead of buying that townace from 1989 they go for a Wagon R BUT their intention is to run it like a Townace I personally know people who haul coconuts in wagon R's , some are driven to the moon and back without proper service  - when you start using a 660CC kei engine like it was a diesel shit is bound to happen. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 12:12 PM, trish_auto said:

Out of all three models, Suzuki wagon R is a better option due to these reason

1. All three operate in 3 cylinder engine. when it comes to 3 cylinder, dynamic balancing and overcoming the vibration have been a challenge for decades. But Suzuki has manged to get around this problem to a satisfactory level.  When you sit on all these models in idling, you feel the difference. So better go and experience by yourself rather depending on what others say.

2. When it comes to maintenance, there is no big difference out of all three. But Suzuki engines are very reliable and less wear and tare.  I don't agree with the below post of early stage sludge formation.  It happens either if you use wrong type of engine oil, delayed oil replacement or problem with the oil filter.  Our people are very smart to change odo meters, be careful to get it from a reliable place unless it is not from agents.

3. Interior quality ( comfort, finish) and other options are far better than other two models. 

In Question:

1. wagonR are, kei models , so they have physical car size and engine capacity limitations. Example you are not allowed to carry three people in rear seat.  Other two options comes with 3 cylinder 1.0 L engines.  So people think  it may be quicker in initial pickup.  But for me I don't find any issue , since it uses s-ene technology.  During the pickup, it extract additional power from the hybrid battery.   If you can manged to get a turbo version it would be far better. But only a few people getting down turbo versions.

2. Idling stop:  WagonR is built to save power. so it automatically stops the engine in longer idling times. If you do more frequent stops, it may be a problem to the life of the hybrid battery.

3. Other two models are non-hybrid. So if you worry too much on hybrid battery life and replacement cost don't go for a wagon R.  Usually you don't get any problem with the hybrid battery within first 5 years. But our car dealers are very smart to swap the batteries with unused cars.

what is the mileage of this car ?

thanks for the explanation mate, now I am thinking about Toyota vitz 2018 as well. would love to know about your opinion( Stingray and Toyota vitz comparison )

Edited by Alpha 7

On 12/15/2018 at 9:30 AM, matroska said:

?

12 hours ago, Alpha 7 said:

Alarming, but I believe with a proper maintenance( what ever the car I may buy)we can avoid this kind of things.

In the facebook fan page of Wagon R and other Lankan pages on on motor mechanics, some people posted about their issues with their WagonR. It was introduced just 3 years ago and most of them were imported as zero mileage ones, having issues this early surely not a good sign with reliability.

Edited by waka
  • Like 1