• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto gear

PathumLK:::::::

Question

I have a toyota vios 2003 model car. Recently i had a small auto gear oil leak and i went to repair it ( axel /gear box  seal worn out ). So the technician took out the gear oil before doing the repair job.

After the job done, he put the oil back but unfortunately he drop some amount of oil to the ground though engine bay. Then he added Texamatic® 1888 oil in to the auto gear box to get the auto gear oil in to the the level.

The running is smooth and no any error occurred .

The problem is the dipstick mention to add Toyota T-IV oil to the box. The oil is new and the technician add around 500 ml Texamatic to the box.  Is this a dangerous thing to my auto gear box ?

Should i be worried about this? ?

2 answers to this question

From where did you repair the car?is he a qualified tech?you should have raise the question to him at that time.do you have previous service records of the car?have you or the previous owner has  been using toyota oil?

Most auto gear oils are same.theyvaries with the thickness.i think since your car is more than 10 years old it should be alright.as you said 500ml wont make any huge difference.

In a word no,    taking into account the many types and brands of fluid awailable here , any number of types and ammounts  of ATF could be in your tranmission,

the ATF used to top up your transmission is rated to Dex-3 and is commonly used in auto boxes in SL..

you may use the manufacturer recomended type of ATF in the next trans service.

TT.