• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Parking sensor

Vihan1111

Question

I have corolla AE100 car and a steelmate reverse sensor kit is installed. But it is not turning on when I put into the reverse gear. Sometimes turn on. It is very rare. I checked the connections. Power has been supplied from the reverse light. And no problem with 12V connection. Please help me on this. 

8 answers to this question

I have corolla AE100 car and a steelmate reverse sensor kit is installed. But it is not turning on when I put into the reverse gear. Sometimes turn on. It is very rare. I checked the connections. Power has been supplied from the reverse light. And no problem with 12V connection. Please help me on this. 

4 hours ago, Vihan1111 said:

Hi and welcome, 

looks lika a warrenmty job for the installer,.

The sensor could be old, and also maybe a loose connection or short circuit along the way, I'd say get rid of it and do a good install

My inlaws had a reverse camera wired up on a spoiler to get the best angle, it was installed by some lunatic, ended up frying the whole line and the reverse activation switch from the gearbox where it stopped, the part is rather rare and they are still looking for one and lighting up reverse by a hand switch.

2 hours ago, tiv said:

The sensor could be old, and also maybe a loose connection or short circuit along the way, I'd say get rid of it and do a good install

My inlaws had a reverse camera wired up on a spoiler to get the best angle, it was installed by some lunatic, ended up frying the whole line and the reverse activation switch from the gearbox where it stopped, the part is rather rare and they are still looking for one and lighting up reverse by a hand switch.

I tried giving 12V supply directly and same fault occurs. Might be a problem with the control unit??

Yea probably, these bits are kinda old, steel mate reverse sensors was a hit in the early 2000s, rarely used now due to cameras