• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda CRV 2018 vs Toyota Prado 2010 petrol

sfernando

On 12/7/2018 at 7:23 PM, sfernando said:

Hi All,

I am planning to go either of above options and i would like to know your advise of buying those 2 options.

I have no idea to use for off road purposes, but i have concern about comfort, re sale value.

Cheers

CRV

• Thanks 1

If you are not planning on not doing any off-roading then the CR-V does seem more sensible. The CR-V would be easier to drive around the city and be less thirstier than the Prado....Also, the Prado with the 2.7L engine is not the most peppiest thing on the road :)

The Prado does have a space advantage which can be useful on long trips etc...also the extra weight of the Prado makes it feel a bit more grounded and comfier on long distance drives. 

CRV faster, more economical, comfortable, handles better on road.

Only thing going for Prado will be the off road ability, road presence and bit more usable 3rd row of seats

Extra weight has nothing to with grounding CRV feels more planted and will roll less in corners having underpinnings of Civic

In my opinion the only thing that puts the prado behind is the YOM. 

Drive both and you will realise 

The 1.5 Crv ain't no race car, and it's more or less a van = a "suv" without ground clearance and 4wd

On 12/13/2018 at 9:25 PM, tiv said:

In my opinion the only thing that puts the prado behind is the YOM. 

Drive both and you will realise 

The 1.5 Crv ain't no race car, and it's more or less a van = a "suv" without ground clearance and 4wd

Prado 2.7 L is seriously under powered having only 164 bhp/ 181 lb/ft lugging over 2300 kg, however on the road it gives a sensation on going fast due to its ladder chassis and high center of gravity.

New CRV on the other hand has 190 bhp / 179 lb/ft with only 1600 kg to carry around even if you opt for AWD,

However AWD in CRV will be useless in SL as it is not meant to off road but to support traction in slippery conditions such as snow.

Prado is a proper off road will handle Yala, Colombo rain floods etc with no issues.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:23 PM, sfernando said:

Hi All,

I am planning to go either of above options and i would like to know your advise of buying those 2 options.

I have no idea to use for off road purposes, but i have concern about comfort, re sale value.

Cheers

If your main reasons are things like "Comfort" why don't you opt for a car ? Both those vehicles are like boats swaying from side to side if the roads are not straight, CRV is a bit better though. Both are vehicles from different leagues and if off road is not your thing then IMO the sensible choice would be the CRV. If you want a big SUV which is also comfortable on all kinds of Roads/terrain go for a used Discovery, downside of this will be maintenance. 

Edited by TheFlyingFox