• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help needed

K.o.N.o.S

Dear members,

My car was met with a minor dent in the back ( near the Mazda logo) and I am wondering if there’s any DIY method to get rid of this.Or does this require refilling and painting? Any advice would be helpful..

thanks

3D6D3D2F-77E6-4E0A-8AB2-2D7D60AAA058.jpeg

1 hour ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Dear members,

My car was met with a minor dent in the back ( near the Mazda logo) and I am wondering if there’s any DIY method to get rid of this.Or does this require refilling and painting? Any advice would be helpful..

thanks

DIY or not, trying to repair this dent will only mess up the boot lid.

Leave it as it is if possible.

• Like 1

a few years ago I had the same sort of ding on my then brand new mazda3 which was only a week old when I grazed the edge of are half open window. Annoyed the hell out of me but didn't want to paint the entire boot so left it the way it is. After some time you forget about it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RWD said:

a few years ago I had the same sort of ding on my then brand new mazda3 which was only a week old when I grazed the edge of are half open window. Annoyed the hell out of me but didn't want to paint the entire boot so left it the way it is. After some time you forget about it

Correct. I guess I am just being paranoid for the time being. These things are inevitable. This was my fault anyway as I was not being careful when reversing. Lucky to be left over with just a small dent.

10 hours ago, Lalinda said:

If the paint is in tact, try the PDR place around Delkanda. Keen Auto. You can find the place in google maps and FB. I had a similar experience recently and the guy there was able to do a great job in getting it out.

Thank you for recommending the place. But I guess I just leave it as it is for the moment.

39 minutes ago, Davy said:

Looks like a sharp ding, but a skilled paintless dent repair guy can pull that out.

If not, paste a sticker on it and forget about it. These things happen. :)

Correct..I guess I am already over this now..??

2 hours ago, GayanR said:

That dent can lower your car value by around 2 lks

@GayanR Please let us know your vehicle valuation method ? 

• There is a Mazda which having same size 25 dents on the boot lid. No any other damages at all. According to your method, what is the market value of it ? ?
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GayanR said:

That dent can lower your car value by around 2 lks

2lks? Are you Kidding me? please elaborate your way of valuations when buying vehicles.

On 12/7/2018 at 11:13 AM, K.o.N.o.S said:

Dear members,

thanks

Easiest DIY method is to get a similar boot lid from somewhere and replace the damage one.  

Btw, how did this accident occur ? My car also had couple of small dents by mangoes.  This is just cosmetic. Don't bother too much. 

8 hours ago, trish_auto said:

Easiest DIY method is to get a similar boot lid from somewhere and replace the damage one.  

Btw, how did this accident occur ? My car also had couple of small dents by mangoes.  This is just cosmetic. Don't bother too much. 

Wouldn’t say this an accident. I was reversing without noticing a large notice board hanging and the lid touched the tip of one of the corners of the board. Anyway  like you said I am not worried much.

On 12/9/2018 at 5:41 PM, K.o.N.o.S said:

2lks? Are you Kidding me? please elaborate your way of valuations when buying vehicles.

It was just my experience with the buyers?Try selling as it is.According to the them whole boot need to be replaced.

Edited by GayanR