• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitshubishi Orion Engine 4G15

saw1993

Hi guys , Its been a while for the discussions went here about Zotya nomad 2 . I've been reseraching about the nomad 2 , As per my findings it contains a Mitsubishi Orion 4G15 engine , and the fuel consumtion goes around 15kmpl. I don't think there may be no Nomad users . But Mitushubishi owners may be there with  a 4G15 Orion Engine

I Need to know much about the 4G15 Engine's

1) Avaiability of spares,  common faults etc.

2) What are the cars having this engine

Thank you

Edited by saw1993

Mitsubishi Lancer CS series share the same line of engines (4G13, 4G15 and 4G18)

Since both Mitsubishi Lancers and Zotye Nomads were imported by the local agent UNIMO, I reckon they have brand new spare parts... guess recon parts for Lancers are interchangeable with Nomads too. 

However I remember someone at UNIMO saying the engine for the Zotye Nomad is NOT made in Japan or made by Mitsubishi, Zotye just obtained permission from Mitsubishi to use the 4G15 engine design  and the engine is made in China at Zotye manufacturing plants.

3 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Mitsubishi Lancer CS series share the same line of engines (4G13, 4G15 and 4G18)

Since both Mitsubishi Lancers and Zotye Nomads were imported by the local agent UNIMO, I reckon they have brand new spare parts... guess recon parts for Lancers are interchangeable with Nomads too.

However I remember someone at UNIMO saying the engine for the Zotye Nomad is NOT made in Japan or made by Mitsubishi, Zotye just obtained permission from Mitsubishi to use the 4G15 engine design and the engine is made in China at Zotye manufacturing plants.

Thank you so much for your valuable feeback,  Do you have any experience in using any car with this engines?

The 4G1X engine has been in existence since the 70s and came in many Mitsubishi's including the Lancer, Colt and Mirage. I think the first non Mitsubishi car to feature them were Protons. Now many other manufacturers use the engine on their cars. 

Do keep in mind that "it comes with a 4G15 engine" doesn't necessarily mean the entire engine. The engine number refers to just the cylinder head. The fuel system, ignition system, ECU and other components of the engine can be vastly different from an engine that rolled out from the Mitsubishi factory and put on a Mitsubishi car. So they're not necessarily identical. 

Having said that, most third parties who use the engine also use parts that are manufactured by the same suppliers and sometimes even the same part. For example, the 4G15 engine on a Proton Wira is identical to the 4G15 engine that was used on the Lancer CB series. So you will find that spares are interchangeable. 

The number of third parties that use the engine is testament for the reliability of the engine. 

My lancer c12 uses a 4G15 engine. The car has been with us since 1996. The engines are very solid and parts are easy to find (water pump, timing belt components, gaskets etc). We have not had any issues at all with this engine.

The car travels from Colombo to Negombo everyday on the highway at highway speeds.

Goodluck.

• Like 1