• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vezel Hybrid 2014 DCT Issues

saimoomsakash

Question

I purchased my vezel hybrid 2014 back in February 2018 with 25k in odo. At first, everything runs smoothly. But one thing that I noticed recently is that after running through heavy traffic the gear shifting become much less smooth. Especially the first gear shifting becomes rough and usually takes longer to shift. Sometimes the whole car becomes jerky. I know that the hybrid version has DCT issue but i checked before purchase to ensure that it wasn't recalled. How to maintain DCT? It is going to be a huge issue for me because heavy traffic is very common in city life and I can't bypass that. 

Edited by saimoomsakash

16 answers to this question

I purchased my vezel hybrid 2014 back in February 2018 with 25k in odo. At first, everything runs smoothly. But one thing that I noticed recently is that after running through heavy traffic the gear shifting become much less smooth. Especially the first gear shifting becomes rough and usually takes longer to shift. Sometimes the whole car becomes jerky. Can you tell me what is problem ? Thanks

21 hours ago, saimoomsakash said:

I purchased my vezel hybrid 2014 back in February 2018 with 25k in odo. At first, everything runs smoothly. But one thing that I noticed recently is that after running through heavy traffic the gear shifting become much less smooth. Especially the first gear shifting becomes rough and usually takes longer to shift. Sometimes the whole car becomes jerky. I know that the hybrid version has DCT issue but i checked before purchase to ensure that it wasn't recalled. How to maintain DCT? It is going to be a huge issue for me because heavy traffic is very common in city life and I can't bypass that. 

" i checked before purchase to ensure that it wasn't recalled".  How you did it ? According to my knowledge this issue was fully fixed models after 2015 on wards.  Also this is not common for vezels but other parallel models with same gearbox. This issue has been discussed in the AL forum before.

2 hours ago, trish_auto said:

" i checked before purchase to ensure that it wasn't recalled".  How you did it ? According to my knowledge this issue was fully fixed models after 2015 on wards.  Also this is not common for vezels but other parallel models with same gearbox. This issue has been discussed in the AL forum before.

Because recall for the hybrid vezels are for the production batch of july 2013 to february 2014. The production date of my vezel is September 2014. And I also checked from the website. Now the question is how to fix it or I have to overhaul the gearbox? The problem occurs after driving through heavy traffic. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, saimoomsakash said:

Because recall for the hybrid vezels are for the production batch of july 2013 to february 2014.

who told you that,a Car salesman?

This Vezel was never intended for the SL driving conditions.

Just because their is no official recall by Honda in Japan,does not mean it will run smoothly under our harsher environment and Traffic conditions.

The dual clutch transmission issue of some JDM Hondas like Vezel, Grace is not merely a production error. It's mostly because it was not made to suite our traffic or hot weather conditions. It is hard to believe that Honda would fix this issue in new productions unless the vehicles used in Japan also face same issues. These models are not manufactured to be used outside of Japan in the first place.

Sent from my HTC Desire 630 dual sim using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Well, this topic has been discussed under several threads. so it would be good to recall those again.

1.  What is dual clutch ?

2. According to this honda vezel has a dual dry clutch which makes the situation worse.

3. Also you can check whether your car has been recalled by the factory in 

http://recallsearch4.honda.co.jp/sqs/r001/R00101.do?fn=link.disp

What Honda did was a software upgrade to tolerate the issue. I am not sure whether this was available to SL users as well.  If so someone who already went through that upgrade can share the experience.

13 hours ago, saimoomsakash said:

Because recall for the hybrid vezels are for the production batch of july 2013 to february 2014. The production date of my vezel is September 2014. And I also checked from the website. Now the question is how to fix it or I have to overhaul the gearbox? The problem occurs after driving through heavy traffic. 

Well, according to your information, you purchased a 2014 manufactured car in 2018 with a 25k odo.  Please answer to the following questions

1. Was the previous user owned the car for the first time in SL ?  Was this imported to SL in 0 milage (you can't get vezels brand new to SL since its for JDM only).  Nowadays it is very easy to change odo meters. It won't take you even 10mins. there are lot of places around delkanda, wijerama, nawinna.  Its just resetting the a number.

2. What was the level of wear of threads in the tires ? were those first set of tyres (originally fitted at factory) or replaced at a later stage. If the mileage what you are claiming is correct there is no reason for change the original tyre set.  Keep it mind  people are smart to conceal the reality. 

Above 1 and 2 happens not only in SL but in the Japan as well.  Since I have been to car exporters in Japan I know they do all sorts of repairs before they dispatch them out. 

3.  Even some one can cheat you in 1 and 2 above, here is another place to check in your car. First photo showing the side of the drivers seat of a 2014 vezel of 100k odo and second one shows 2014 vezel of 60k.  For a 25k car this should be comparatively less unless someone with obesity driven the car.  When you actually sit on the seat you feel the level of actual depreciation of the cushion.  From that you can guess what was the exact mileage of your car should have been when you purchased it in 2018. 

In SL its very rare someone would replace or fix the drivers seat for concealing the genuine mileage. But there may be ..

image.png.79a9d6d62dd35002f54f947e94a90a9d.png

image.png.50cced9c8e9bbcdf9c505dcd7e300127.png

4. Last one is the emission test reports and repair history records (if done through a proper place).  Still there are ways to get around of service history records and emission test reports.  

If you still looking for a place other than local Honda dealers I can recommend a place. Please let me know.

Have a nice day.

take care

Edited by trish_auto
  • Like 1

Vezels have really plummeted in value, esp the 2014 model, is this due to this clutch issue??

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2019 at 2:40 AM, Hasib said:

I purchased my vezel hybrid 2014 back in February 2018 with 25k in odo. At first, everything runs smoothly. But one thing that I noticed recently is that after running through heavy traffic the gear shifting become much less smooth. Especially the first gear shifting becomes rough and usually takes longer to shift. Sometimes the whole car becomes jerky. Can you tell me what is problem ? Thanks

Since vezel runs with DCT, there is an additional clutch pump which need to be serviced every 20K. Get this checked before jump in to decisions. 

Edited by overTuned

On 5/31/2019 at 6:03 PM, tiv said:

Vezels have really plummeted in value, esp the 2014 model, is this due to this clutch issue??

There seems to be a misconception that the DCT issue is only present in 2014 Vezel, hence the 2014 models have took the hardest hit in depreciation. 

Edited by Magnum