• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki swift 2017 (non safety) vs Toyota vitz 2018 (safety)

KasunC

Question

When checking on sales, swift 2017(non safety) and vitz 2018 (safety) both are somewhat in the same price range. what do you think of these two cars? fuel economy, engine quality and performance, build quality, parts prices, interior space, ground clearance, 2nd hand market value and etc.. ?

Edited by KasunC

6 answers to this question

4 hours ago, KasunC said:

When checking on sales, swift 2017(non safety) and vitz 2018 (safety) both are somewhat in the same price range. what do you think of these two cars? fuel economy, engine quality and performance, build quality, parts prices, interior space, ground clearance, 2nd hand market value and etc.. ?

Although they are both similar in price , there are a lot of differences. The vitz is a very practical nice small car, holds up well in our roads , it’s reasonably comfortable for a small car, quiet. Good quality interior , gets above average fuel economy. I think the safety model (Vitz) in this case will give you only the auto brake feature and auto Hugh beams. Overall it’s a very nice car for a small family. 

The swift is more of a drivers car, a lot faster than the vitz , very responsive steering, suspension is more stiff which results in a bumpy ride in Colombo broken roads, in contrast the Vitz handles these roads much better. Of course the plus side of firm suspension is that it will have better ride quality on twisty roads and roads with good surface (highway, road from dambulla to trinco etc). This model is prone to premature wear and tear of bushes in the steering rack. Quality of interior materials are better in the Vitz, Swift is of course more spacious. 

Reale value, I think the Toyota will hold better value. Overall if your the kind of person who takes pleasure in driving and likes modern features like climate control for example the swift will not disappoint. If your not, the Vitz is a nice car which will be easier on fuel, probably maintenance too, will handle SL roads better and I think it will hold its value better as most of the Toyota’s do  

This was discussed many times on the forum before. For example :

All I had to do was google "autolanka.com swift vitz" it's better to have a single place than multiple threads. I hope a moderator can merge these. 

Im planning to buy a suzuki swift rs 2017 (non hybrid, non safety) or a toyota vitz 2018 (safety). What are the common (mechanical/electrical or other) problems they have?

I heard that almost all the swifts has a steering rack issue, making a sound (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsNPROxmJAg). Can this be permanently be fixed? will 100% of the swifts will get this issue someday? of cause we don't buy a swift go doing off-road but time to time we'll go in some bad SL roads.. 

I haven't heard any issue with the Vitz though. are there any which are way worse than swift? ?

of cause i want that swift which is has a better engine, better looking, better quality, better features and all. but there are people saying they have replaced the swift racks multiple times (x3 or x4 since April).. that makes me wanna buy a vitz..

What other faults these two cars have? thanks in advance for your comment guys!!

@Davy, I think you have mistakenly merged the topics. Merged topic (my new topic) is different from this topic. As per @matroskathis post and other three posts should be merged since those are talking about the features and specifications on same two vehicles.

The merged post is talking about manufacturing defects and faults of the two vehicles.. I'll add the merged topic as a new topic again(?) and appreciate if you can merge this post and other 3 together.

4 hours ago, KasunC said:

@Davy, I think you have mistakenly merged the topics. Merged topic (my new topic) is different from this topic. As per @matroskathis post and other three posts should be merged since those are talking about the features and specifications on same two vehicles.

The merged post is talking about manufacturing defects and faults of the two vehicles.. I'll add the merged topic as a new topic again(?) and appreciate if you can merge this post and other 3 together.

Merging was intentional. You've already created multiple threads asking questions about both cars, so think this thread can be used to continue the discussion. I can rename the topic title if you wish.