• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kia picanto 2018 vs Hyundai grand i10

Chathu333

Question

4 answers to this question

36 minutes ago, Chathu333 said:

Guys I'm new to this forum. I'm planning to buy a entry level 1000cc car with good fuel economy around 30 lakhs. What is your idea about hyundai grand i10 and kia picanto? 

Welcome to the forum. Kia Picanto and grand i10 shares the same engine, chassis and gear box. The Picanto is made in Korea and i10 made in India. For me, the build quality in Picanton is better than i10. and fuel economy will be similar in both models. (10-12 km/l in City).As I remember there are lot of threads for these two vehicles and if you search the forum you will be able to get lot of information about these two cars.

My wife has a Picanto 2016 model (the 2017 model has the same engine and transmission) and it gives average 11 km/l in the City and long distance averages 13.5 km/l. (have driven only Kandy-Colombo-Kandy round trips including Colombo city and usual traffic situations in Kandy-Colombo road)

It has comfortable front seats and rear seats are not very comfortable for long distance drive for adults. It has stiff steering and suspension and has good handling and sporty feeling. Ride is comfortable in carpet roads but other roads, it is not much comfortable due to stiff suspensions.

The best thing is to book a test drive and try both cars and select the one you like.

Edited by tbird
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tbird said:

Welcome to the forum. Kia Picanto and grand i10 shares the same engine, chassis and gear box. The Picanto is made in Korea and i10 made in India. For me, the build quality in Picanton is better than i10. and fuel economy will be similar in both models. (10-12 km/l in City).As I remember there are lot of threads for these two vehicles and if you search the forum you will be able to get lot of information about these two cars.

My wife has a Picanto 2016 model (the 2017 model has the same engine and transmission) and it gives average 11 km/l in the City and long distance averages 13.5 km/l. (have driven only Kandy-Colombo-Kandy round trips including Colombo city and usual traffic situations in Kandy-Colombo road)

It has comfortable front seats and rear seats are not very comfortable for long distance drive for adults. It has stiff steering and suspension and has good handling and sporty feeling. Ride is comfortable in carpet roads but other roads, it is not much comfortable due to stiff suspensions.

The best thing is to book a test drive and try both cars and select the one you like.

Thank you very much tbird. Your answer is really useful for me

I went thought the same dilemma 1 1/2 years back, settled for the Kia despite having less rear leg space due to better build quality, made in Korea, 5 year warranty (i10 gave only 2 years)

Fuel economy in Colombo traffic 9-10 kmpl

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1