• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

SUV buying help around 2.4 - 2.8 mil

Casanova

Dear Experts,

I'm a newbie to the forum abut I've been following AL forum for a very long time which helped me a lot.

I'm looking to buy an SUV around 2.4 - 2.8 mil and maybe I can go up to 2.9 mil maximum. Currently using a car but doesn't really fit for a family of 5 members. So thought of going for roomy SUV, although I'm not talking about extreme off roading. Searching here and there I came up with two available options. Your expert advice about below cars is well appreciated. If there are more suggestions I'm open for them as well. Thank you.

1. Hyundai Tucson 2004 - 2006   2.0 L   (Petrol Automatic)

2. Kia Sportage 2005 - 2006  2.0 L  (Petrol Automatic)

What I want is a less trouble vehicle that I can use for about another 3 years with regular maintenance, Not much worried about the fuel economy.

Both Automatic and Manual transmission vehicles are fine for me.

Edited by Casanova

On 11/21/2018 at 11:57 AM, Casanova said:

Dear Experts,

I'm a newbie to the forum abut I've been following AL forum for a very long time which helped me a lot.

I'm looking to buy an SUV around 2.4 - 2.8 mil and maybe I can go up to 2.9 mil maximum. Currently using a car but doesn't really fit for a family of 5 members. So thought of going for roomy SUV, although I'm not talking about extreme off roading. Searching here and there I came up with two available options. Your expert advice about below cars is well appreciated. If there are more suggestions I'm open for them as well. Thank you.

1. Hyundai Tucson 2004 - 2006   2.0 L   (Petrol Automatic)

2. Kia Sportage 2005 - 2006  2.0 L  (Petrol Automatic)

What I want is a less trouble vehicle that I can use for about another 3 years with regular maintenance, Not much worried about the fuel economy.

Both Automatic and Manual transmission vehicles are fine for me.

Actually both these vehicles are very reliable. You would be fine for 3 years if u find a well maintained one. So go for it. 

sorry to hijack the thread..need suggestions for a SUV/4WD for some moderate off roading.  with the same price bracket. Though I'm not going to finalize the purchase immediately I need some ideas to do some research.  Fuel efficiency is not a concern at all but the vehicle will be used mostly during weekends. maintenance of is the key thing I'm focused should be easy to take care of.

And with regard to the above suggested vehicles how they perform on moderate off road conditions??

Edited by TheClutch

Thanks lot GayanR and Crosswind for your responses.

By the way Nissan Xtrail is quite expensive than the price range I'm willing to spend, otherwise I think it's a really good vehicle according to the past threads.

While searching for SUVs for couple of days I found a KIA Sportage 2005 petrol automatic on a sale. Exterior and interior in good nick. One issue though, I don't wether it is normal or not I'm not an expert. I started and put into drive gear, hand break released. And once the break paddle is released the car doesn't move up until I give some gas on it. Is it normal? The dealer told it is because it's a 2L heavy vehicle. This doesn't happen on our FB15. Please advice me on this. Thank you.

Thanks lot GayanR and Crosswind for your responses.
By the way Nissan Xtrail is quite expensive than the price range I'm willing to spend, otherwise I think it's a really good vehicle according to the past threads.
While searching for SUVs for couple of days I found a KIA Sportage 2005 petrol automatic on a sale. Exterior and interior in good nick. One issue though, I don't wether it is normal or not I'm not an expert. I started and put into drive gear, hand break released. And once the break paddle is released the car doesn't move up until I give some gas on it. Is it normal? The dealer told it is because it's a 2L heavy vehicle. This doesn't happen on our FB15. Please advice me on this. Thank you.
That doesn't sound normal unless you are on an incline.
Might be an issue with the gearbox, better get it checked.
It can also be something simple like break binding but better safe than sorry.

Sent from my FLA-LX2 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Thank you Stig for your response, if that so maybe better to step out from it I think. The dealer maybe trying to trick me. I noticed that in the reverse it moves without a trouble but not in drive. I will keep searching and if their are anymore suggestions from you guys I would really appreciate.

Came up with couple of Tucsons as well,

2004 - 2L Petrol (Auto) : 2,350,000
2005 - 2L Petrol (Auto) : 2,550,000

Do you think these price are reasonable? And if there are any common issues of above mentioned models I would like to know from people who has experience using these vehicles.

Thank you everyone for your advice and replies.