• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki.swift1.3

Vitz u grade 2001 model (digital meter) annoying loud tickIng sound above dashboard

Question

When switch on to acc mode (engine no start) loud ticking sound coming above dash board area near the meter. Continues for 5 to 15 sec . Some times same noise comes when driving . Im not exactly sure where the sound coming from. I also have doubt it coming from front but not the engine. Noise is very loud realy annoying when driving. Please help me to solve this issue . I have a video of it. Please help.

And the main problem is noise doesnot repeat every time. With this how am i suppose to ask mechanic to figure out the issue.

Tanx. Pls Follow below link

Edited by Suzuki.swift1.3

2 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Suzuki.swift1.3 said:

When switch on to acc mode (engine no start) loud ticking sound coming above dash board area near the meter. Continues for 5 to 15 sec . Some times same noise comes when driving . Im not exactly sure where the sound coming from. I also have doubt it coming from front but not the engine. Noise is very loud realy annoying when driving. Please help me to solve this issue . I have a video of it. Please help.

And the main problem is noise doesnot repeat every time. With this how am i suppose to ask mechanic to figure out the issue.

Tanx. Pls Follow below link

This sounds like some relay making a noise. Its not a mechanical problem. It's an electrical problem. There are few things that get switch on at ACC. The radio for example. Just open the fusebox and put the key on ACC and check which relay it is.

Relays cost just 500 bucks.

• Like 1

Sounds like a continuously running ABS pump? Do you have a check engine light? 

When the noise is heard, does stepping on the brake pedal firmly change or make the sound go away?