• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gear Problem

Ted

Dear All,

My car is an automatic one and mileage is 288800 km. Recently at around 250000km, the gear box was replaced. Now when I accelerate and then released the pedal and then after a very little time, a bit decelerated, again I press the pedal I feel the axels hit the gear box kind of a thing.  May I know what the issue is? Checked with a mechanic who is not aware of gear repair, whether CV joints are okay... they are okay... 

10 hours ago, tilvin said:

Did you repair the gearbox with all new parts or simply replaced with a used gearbox (falsely "recondition" in Sri Lanka)?

I replaced with a new recon gearbox...and I dunno what mechanic had done...I was not when he was doing it...

9 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Overhauling the gearbox is the best thing to do.. its cheaper and reliable too.. You need to pay a visit to 'Nilwala Motors' at Madiwala and see what's the issue, they do a good job and the prices are affordable... Totally recommend! 

Have you been serviced by them? If so how long you are riding without any problem in gearbox?

26 minutes ago, Ted said:

Have you been serviced by them? If so how long you are riding without any problem in gearbox?

I did a gearbox overhaul from them in my previous presea... after the overhaul it felt good, like the gearbox was smooth, better pickup and gear change and they give a 6 month warranty too.. costed me only 28k for the overhaul and 6k for the gear oil, so its worth it.. after all its your own gearbox you repair, and you never know the condition of a reconditioned gearbox you buy.. I drove for 7 months after the overhaul and sold the car, i didnt have a problem with it.. im sure the new owner doesnt have any problem with it yet so far, cuz if there is a problem she would let me know... no complaints that means the car is still running good after a year.