Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dezel X2

Buying an Car around 2M-2.5M

Recommended Posts

Hi all!  I`m planning to buy a car around 2M-2.5M as my first car. I can't think what will suit my requirements


Usage: Twice a month traveling Capital to Up Country Up and Down (approx 500km Up and Down)
since I`m having zero knowledge on vehicles it should be a less troublemaker.
Spare-parts: should be available at a reasonable price.
Resale value: I will use this for another 5 years and reasonable resale value is preferred

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look for good specimens of Nissan Cefiro with highest grade....😃. Nice car if you do not think about fuel economy much. It will work 7 kmpl on average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Machan once you decide a car to buy go with someone who knows the field. Talk to your friends, family, find a good mechanic who knows the cars. Buying a problematic car is just beginning of draining your pocket. You will spend time and money on garage. Avoid that . Go with someone knows

Edited by virajn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Volkswagen Passat and Peugeot 406 are also a good options if you are not much concerned about fuel economy.....😃 Anyway they will do around 8 kmpl average....😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dezel x2,

I am agree with tilvin!

I recommend you Nissan CEFIRO A33 without any hesitation  if you are not thinking much on fuel.

As you mentioned you are traveling to upcountry, so the fuel will be much better than in Colombo as it's a outstation drive.(Around 7-8kmpl).

Buy it does like 4-5kmpl in high traffic.

And the car is very comfortable and very very eye catching and Prestigious. 

As I am using a Nissan CEFIRO a33 2L year 2000, WITHOUT any error(still),I can recommend you Nissan CEFIRO a33.

If you are buying check the car, mostly CEFIRO has Gear changing errors and engine missing as Common errors.So check the car before buying.

All the best and be a CEFIRO owner!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 4:08 PM, tilvin said:

Look for good specimens of Nissan Cefiro with highest grade....😃. Nice car if you do not think about fuel economy much. It will work 7 kmpl on average.

on average it does 5 :D that also if you keep your acceleration below 2000, and if not it will do 4 :D I had to keep 2 extra 1 litre bottles of spare petrol in my dickey when I had the cefiro :D 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 12:25 AM, PreseaLover said:

on average it does 5 :D that also if you keep your acceleration below 2000, and if not it will do 4 :D I had to keep 2 extra 1 litre bottles of spare petrol in my dickey when I had the cefiro :D

Presea bro, is your Cefiro Japan or Singapore one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tilvin said:

Presea bro, is your Cefiro Japan or Singapore one?

it was a singa one mate :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PreseaLover said:

was a singa one mate :)

Aha....😃. I assume that was the problem mate. Jap versions are far better in terms of reliability and fuel economy than Sing counterparts....😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tilvin said:

Aha....😃. I assume that was the problem mate. Jap versions are far better in terms of reliability and fuel economy than Sing counterparts....😃

yeah thats correct

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 1:34 PM, Dezel X2 said:

Hi all!  I`m planning to buy a car around 2M-2.5M as my first car. I can't think what will suit my requirements


Usage: Twice a month traveling Capital to Up Country Up and Down (approx 500km Up and Down)
since I`m having zero knowledge on vehicles it should be a less troublemaker.
Spare-parts: should be available at a reasonable price.
Resale value: I will use this for another 5 years and reasonable resale value is preferred

Thanks in advance

best vehicle according to my knowledge is vitz , 121 or vios. all those three has good reseal value as well as good in fuel too. On other hand toyota parts available every where and less trouble also.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×