• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Impact of Electric Vehicles on Household Budget

OnashiR95

I'm currently carrying out a survey on the 'impact of electric vehicles on household budget' as a requirement for my final research. So it would be a great help if anyone who owns electric vehicles can fill this survey and all the responses provided will be anonymous and would be used only for academic purposes. The link is mentioned below. Comments and suggestions will be accepted on this. And give many responses as you can. Thank you in advance.

Edited by OnashiR95

Did the survey, see my comments below in addition

Issue is not the maintenance or charging cost, it is the cost of replacing the battery which has a shorter life span due to local conditions. Due to this there is high depreciation on electric vehicles. For instance in my case i have lost approximately Rs. 1.5 Mn for the last 3 years on the market value of a Nissan Leaf, if i had a normal car i could most probably recover the cost  or may be the loss will be around Rs. 500k max. Battery has lost over 50% capacity and i will have to replace/ recondition which will cost around Rs. 500-800K
Overall when you factor the above cost i would have been better off with the normal petrol car.
By the way in Sri Lanka any additional electricity requirement for charging vehicles will come from thermal generation so environment effect is negligible unless you have provision to charge the vehicle with solar power.

• Thanks 1