• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Copy of a faded / damaged old driving license

trish_auto

Dear friends,

This was a topic few years back in the forum. Since it seems not active I thought of bringing the question back from anyone went through the process recently.

Could you please let us know what is the procedure for getting  a copy of a old (with no expiry date) damaged driving license. What documents are required ? Need to take any certified photoes ? Need to go through medical tests ?

Thank You

Mine is also faded and cracked

A cop who went through my license told me to take care of it as if i were to get a new that will be with a expiry

I got it laminated to prevent further cracking

Hope and pray that they will not make it compulsory to get the new one

I had this exact same problem and the only solution was to get a new license (one which has that microchip). And they do expire.

As for the documents I I recall needing the old license and a copy of the NIC. But this is more than 6 years ago so you might want to check if the current process requires anything else by dialling 1919.

You have to do the medical test as well (which is provided in house ) for all types of vehicles. And according to one of my friends who went in recently, they now even check blood sugar levels (he got rejected for high blood sugar). 

On the plus side, you get a SMS notification when you expiration date nears. 

Edited by ramishkad

23 hours ago, ramishkad said:

I had this exact same problem and the only solution was to get a new license (one which has that microchip). And they do expire.

As for the documents I I recall needing the old license and a copy of the NIC. But this is more than 6 years ago so you might want to check if the current process requires anything else by dialling 1919.

You have to do the medical test as well (which is provided in house ) for all types of vehicles. And according to one of my friends who went in recently, they now even check blood sugar levels (he got rejected for high blood sugar). 

On the plus side, you get a SMS notification when you expiration date nears. 

Thank you for sharing the details