• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Breaking News: PreseaLover has bought a car

Crosswind

haha thanks guys :D

So btw, the audio shop guy said both the rear speakers and the front speakers are 6'' inches.. so the same speakers set i put to the rear can be put to the front as well... Is this accurate in terms of audio sound? Also they said that JBL speakers doesn't have bass power much and if im replacing with JBL I need to use a subwoofer, and therefore said im better off with either pioneer or kenwood.. they also said that BOSE speakers are not available in SL.. are these facts true? The car has tweeters as well, which are working and not hoping to replace the tweeters though.. they said tweeter speakers are hard to find in SL? That true too?

27 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

haha thanks guys :D

So btw, the audio shop guy said both the rear speakers and the front speakers are 6'' inches.. so the same speakers set i put to the rear can be put to the front as well... Is this accurate in terms of audio sound? Also they said that JBL speakers doesn't have bass power much and if im replacing with JBL I need to use a subwoofer, and therefore said im better off with either pioneer or kenwood.. they also said that BOSE speakers are not available in SL.. are these facts true? The car has tweeters as well, which are working and not hoping to replace the tweeters though.. they said tweeter speakers are hard to find in SL? That true too?

If both are 6 inches you can use them for the front as well. You should tune the setup so that the rear passengers will hear the sound coming from the front. Normally a good set does this "for" you. Most new ones come with time alignment anyway. Its not that JBL, Infinity, Rockford ,pioneer or whatever you put doesn't produce bass. It depends on the door design of certain cars, Sometimes when you install JBL (more power and wider frequency than the pioneers and kenwoods you get) and maybe infinites the whole door vibrates and its difficult to hear bass or midrange. Also these speakers will never be able to produce low frequencies like a sub. adding a sub wont give you more bass per say, it will produce more notes in the low frequency range (which the 6"s or 6.5"s cant) provided you put the cut off at ~50-80Hz. I don't think you can just go to a shop and buy Bose speakers. They cater speakers as factory fitted options to premium cars. Tweeters can be easily found in SL , so many varieties as well. 

Edited by TheFlyingFox

38 minutes ago, TheFlyingFox said:

If both are 6 inches you can use them for the front as well. You should tune the setup so that the rear passengers will hear the sound coming from the front. Normally a good set does this "for" you. Most new ones come with time alignment anyway. Its not that JBL, Infinity, Rockford ,pioneer or whatever you put doesn't produce bass. It depends on the door design of certain cars, Sometimes when you install JBL (more power and wider frequency than the pioneers and kenwoods you get) and maybe infinites the whole door vibrates and its difficult to hear bass or midrange. Also these speakers will never be able to produce low frequencies like a sub. adding a sub wont give you more bass per say, it will produce more notes in the low frequency range (which the 6"s or 6.5"s cant) provided you put the cut off at ~50-80Hz. I don't think you can just go to a shop and buy Bose speakers. They cater speakers as factory fitted options to premium cars. Tweeters can be easily found in SL , so many varieties as well. 

I installed a Genuine Pioneer 2DIN Audio only setup today (the exact one I was looking for, similar to what I had in my previous presea (Previously it was kenwood).. So what I thought was to upgrade the rear and front speakers to JBL.. I didn't plan to put a SUB anyway.. So there is a clear difference between the JBL speakers and Pioneer Speakers yeah???? I thought of telling my friend in USA to bring down a set of JBL speakers for me.. The prices also must be lower in USA yeah?

This is the setup I bought: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/FH-X720BT

10 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

I installed a Genuine Pioneer 2DIN Audio only setup today (the exact one I was looking for, similar to what I had in my previous presea (Previously it was kenwood).. So what I thought was to upgrade the rear and front speakers to JBL.. I didn't plan to put a SUB anyway.. So there is a clear difference between the JBL speakers and Pioneer Speakers yeah???? I thought of telling my friend in USA to bring down a set of JBL speakers for me.. The prices also must be lower in USA yeah?

This is the setup I bought: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/FH-X720BT

Depends on the speakers. There are decent pioneer car speakers as well but I haven't seen them in SL. If your talking about the cheap ones which are like 5 or 7k a pair then yes there is a diffinete difference. That too depends on what type of music you listen , if you listen to music where "real" instruments and voices are used then you will appreciate the difference, if you listen to today's music majority being boom boom , fake instruments, artificial voices then no , you will not find a difference. 

1 minute ago, TheFlyingFox said:

Depends on the speakers. There are decent pioneer car speakers as well but I haven't seen them in SL. If your talking about the cheap ones which are like 5 or 7k a pair then yes there is a diffinete difference. That too depends on what type of music you listen , if you listen to music where "real" instruments and voices are used then you will appreciate the difference, if you listen to today's music majority being boom boom , fake instruments, artificial voices then no , you will not find a difference. 

No I listen to 80's and 90's and sometimes 60's and 70's music which has real instruments.. if someone I'm travelling with tells me to change this music to newer shit I tell them get off the car.. I actually did this once :D a pair of JBL rear speakers were quoted to me at 13k, and kenwood was quoted at 5.5k and Pioneer was quoted at 6k.. in my previous presea the kenwood i bought for 6k from Pet#o which they said its genuine.. the sound in it was good, but for house parties, when I opened the door and increased the volume to like 40, it started rattling.. but the daily volumen range I use is like 12... are the aforementioned price ranges accurate for a genuine? and I'm trying to get down genuine JBL's from USA, what I meant was can we find genuine JBL in USA for a lower price instead of purchasing from SL? 

38 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

No I listen to 80's and 90's and sometimes 60's and 70's music which has real instruments.. if someone I'm travelling with tells me to change this music to newer shit I tell them get off the car.. I actually did this once :D a pair of JBL rear speakers were quoted to me at 13k, and kenwood was quoted at 5.5k and Pioneer was quoted at 6k.. in my previous presea the kenwood i bought for 6k from Pet#o which they said its genuine.. the sound in it was good, but for house parties, when I opened the door and increased the volume to like 40, it started rattling.. but the daily volumen range I use is like 12... are the aforementioned price ranges accurate for a genuine? and I'm trying to get down genuine JBL's from USA, what I meant was can we find genuine JBL in USA for a lower price instead of purchasing from SL? 

Lovely to hear that you appreciate good music ! All the speakers you have mentioned are made in China but genuine provided you buy them from a reputable place. Petxx , bxrx are some I know who has genuine stuff. I think the JBL s for 13k are three way ? To get the most of those speakers you might want to invest in an amp as they have built in crossovers to filter three separate frequency ranges. This filtering process absorbes quite a bit of power that is supllied to the speakers. 

The prices quoted seems to be genuine. The pioneers and Kenwood's are economical compared to JBL. If you can it is better to get them off the US. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheFlyingFox said:

Lovely to hear that you appreciate good music ! All the speakers you have mentioned are made in China but genuine provided you buy them from a reputable place. Petxx , bxrx are some I know who has genuine stuff. I think the JBL s for 13k are three way ? To get the most of those speakers you might want to invest in an amp as they have built in crossovers to filter three separate frequency ranges. This filtering process absorbes quite a bit of power that is supllied to the speakers. 

The prices quoted seems to be genuine. The pioneers and Kenwood's are economical compared to JBL. If you can it is better to get them off the US. 

ahhh great... thanks for the info mate :)