• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cheapest car with cruise control.

praveen4win

Question

I'm looking for a effortable auto gear car below 3.7m with cruise control option. Because I often tavel jaffna to colombo. Really hard to keep the speed limit of 70kmph and afraid of speed gun. So it's better to have this option. I have some in my mind like wagonR stringrey turbo, suzuki Baleno, Honda N wgn. Is there any other models within my budget?

Sent from my INE-LX2 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

9 answers to this question

I'm looking for a effortable auto gear car below 3.7m with cruise control option. Because I often tavel jaffna to colombo. Really hard to keep the speed limit of 70kmph and afraid of speed gun. So it's better to have this option. I have some in my mind like wagonR stringrey turbo, suzuki Baleno, Honda N wgn. Is there any other models within my budget?

Honda Fit GP1

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, praveen4win said:

Simple option : GP1. 3 -3.2 M will get you a good specimen. Keep 2 K for the famous oil burn. You get a better car than all your above options

• Like 1

9 hours ago, praveen4win said:

Seems like you want to get a new car. Spacia custom turbo is also quite nice in terms of a Kei. I think you can also get a Fiesta unregistered for that sort of price, probably a bit more with cruise. If your looking second hand , there are good options as well. As members stated. The GP1 is a very good car. GP5 (keep In mind on the premature wear on the clutch) . The rare GP4 if you want to sacrifice economy and comfort (on bad roads ) in exchange for performance , a smile on your face ☺

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheFlyingFox said:

Seems like you want to get a new car. Spacia custom turbo is also quite nice in terms of a Kei. I think you can also get a Fiesta unregistered for that sort of price, probably a bit more with cruise. If your looking second hand , there are good options as well. As members stated. The GP1 is a very good car. GP5 (keep In mind on the premature wear on the clutch) . The rare GP4 if you want to sacrifice economy and comfort (on bad roads ) in exchange for performance , a smile on your face ☺

The Ford Fiesta has Ford MyKey option and you can program one key with a speed limit, let’s say 70. Then you cannot exceed that speed when you use this key. I guess this is the best option for you since you are planning to use cruise control in a non motorway and which is bit risky since other vehicles are not running in constant speed 

Edited by tbird
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tbird said:

The Ford Fiesta has Ford MyKey option and you can program one key with a speed limit, let’s say 70. Then you cannot exceed that speed when you use this key. I guess this is the best option for you since you are planning to use cruise control in a non motorway and which is bit risky since other vehicles are not running in constant speed 

Thank you for your reply, Yeah Thats the point. Now I'm bit worried about is it cruise control option really works in Sri Lankan road.? anyway I feel bit hard to concentrate on meter to check not exceeding the speed limit in A9 road. have to use break to reduce it. To be honest it's really hard to maintain 70kmph speed limit in A9 road. Mostly it's a straight road and I travel most in late night with less vehicle. 
Anyway as us said I'm looking new car, fed up with buying old used car. What about the Kia Picanto I drove this car in UK and it got Cruise control in there. But y it's not in here. is any chance to upgrade to that option ?

13 hours ago, GK_007 said:

Honda Fit GP1

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Thank you, Initially I love this car. But bit afraid about oil leaking and CVT gear issues. That I mostly live in Jafna and its hard to get replace parts in here. So I better go with new car with manufacturer warranty.

7 hours ago, TheFlyingFox said:

GP5 looks great, but I'm bit worry to buy used car in Sri Lanka. and I'm not that much expert to check the car issues.

1 hour ago, praveen4win said:

Thank you for your reply, Yeah Thats the point. Now I'm bit worried about is it cruise control option really works in Sri Lankan road.? anyway I feel bit hard to concentrate on meter to check not exceeding the speed limit in A9 road. have to use break to reduce it. To be honest it's really hard to maintain 70kmph speed limit in A9 road. Mostly it's a straight road and I travel most in late night with less vehicle. 
Anyway as us said I'm looking new car, fed up with buying old used car. What about the Kia Picanto I drove this car in UK and it got Cruise control in there. But y it's not in here. is any chance to upgrade to that option ?

I think the Kia Picanto you find in Sri Lanka doesn’t have cruise control 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tbird said:

I think the Kia Picanto you find in Sri Lanka doesn’t have cruise control 

Oh. Bad luck. I really like the look and features of the car. 
Shall we can add the cruise control option by replacing the steering wheel button box as mention in this video and link to buy the device. any expert can help me.
https://youtu.be/QSrOjXSbyMY