• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Guess who bought a Lancer EX

trinity

@Davy Check this engine cover out! This car was advertised for sale on Autolanka classifieds. Looks like it has the uppermost firewall lining, but if you look closely at the firewall the bare metal is visible, looks like it doesn't have the firewall heat shield

ts1oLN8.jpg

Edited by Hyaenidae

4 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

@Davy Check this engine cover out! This car was advertised for sale on Autolanka classifieds. Looks like it has the uppermost firewall lining, but if you look closely at the firewall the bare metal is visible, looks like it doesn't have the firewall heat shield

ts1oLN8.jpg

Oh this is @E L N I N O's EX. Maybe he can shed some light. 

The engine cover appears to be a different, larger version. Makes the engine look much bigger. 

On 1/11/2019 at 11:31 AM, Hyaenidae said:

That Lancer is a beauty, wonder why he's selling it...

@trinity  Can you check whether your LanEX has the topmost soundproofing lining and the black heat shielding on the firewall?

IMG_8944.thumb.JPG.2ac9841d95adec1b50d970917e0c1823.JPG

Just took couple of photos, the upper most sound proofing is not there, but the black heat shied lining is available.

IMG_8947.thumb.JPG.f0328d4031ea3b26b0c9b0ca7825b675.JPG

I just observed, why are those wires kept exposed like that? is it the same with your car as well @Hyaenidae? Also appreciate if you guys could suggest a good and easy product to clean that engine bay.. 

6 minutes ago, trinity said:

hmmm, at least there's more tape on yours.. ha ha. your engine bay looks super clean.. 

UNIMO buggers use pressure washers on the engine bay on routine service, albeit from some distance... that was back in Edit: March 2018 though.

After seeing this thread I've decided to tell them not to clean the engine bay anymore

Edited by Hyaenidae

4 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

UNIMO buggers use pressure washers on the engine bay on routine service, albeit from some distance... that was back in Edit: March 2018 though.

After seeing this thread I've decided to tell them not to clean the engine bay anymore

Yes, i too have seen them wash the engine bay with pressure guns, was wondering why they are doing it like that especially when they being the agent. Anyways whats the cost of getting the EX serviced with them?

1 minute ago, trinity said:

whats the cost of getting the EX serviced with them?

Here's a list of things I've got done at UNIMO, with the cost:

Change engine oils

Labour : 894.66

VAL PREMIUM CON 10W30 4L : 4326.00

Oil Filter Assy replacement

Labour : 577.20

OIL Filter #MD360935 : 2273.00

Air Cleaner Assy Replacement

Air cleaner #MR968274 :  6157.00

Body Wash, undercarriage only

Vaccum Clean

Labour : 548.34

REM/REFIX and CLEANING wiper deck panel

Labour : 1154.40

Brake fluid change

Labour : 825.24

DOT3 Brake Fluid : 471.00

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Here's a list of things I've got done at UNIMO, with the cost:

Change engine oils

VAL PREMIUM CON 10W30 4L : 4326.00

Oil Filter Assy replacement

OIL Filter #MD360935 : 2273.00

Air Cleaner Assy Replacement

Air cleaner #MR968274 :  6157.00

Body Wash, undercarriage only

Vaccum Clean

Labour : 548.34

REM/REFIX and CLEANING wiper deck panel

Labour : 1154.40

Brake fluid change

Labour : 825.24

DOT3 Brake Fluid : 471.00

Wow, Thanks for the detailed info machang, is viper deck panel removing and cleaning a part of the service or you just had it done additionally?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trinity said:

Wow, Thanks for the detailed info machang, is viper deck panel removing and cleaning a part of the service or you just had it done additionally?

It's not a part of the service, just a precaution to prevent drains from clogging with dead leaves and whatnot :) I get it done once every year.

Just now, Hyaenidae said:

It's not a part of the service, just a precaution to prevent drains from clogging with dead leaves and whatnot :) I get it done once every year.

Thats great.. I too should get it done cuz my car is parked near a treeline at the office and sometimes dead leaves get stuck inside the gaps between viper arms and the panel...  

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 2:01 AM, Davy said:

Oh this is @E L N I N O's EX. Maybe he can shed some light. 

The engine cover appears to be a different, larger version. Makes the engine look much bigger. 

Hey Davy, it's been a while. Sorry I wasn't active here for a long time. Thanks for dragging me back in :)

About the cover, it's not OEM, I bought it off ebay or Aliexpress (can't remember exactly) after seeing the 4A9 DOHC 16valve lettering on it. I wish it said MIVEC though. It wasn't a direct fit, I had to do some work to get it properly in place. And BTW it didn't come with any heat insulation.

On 1/10/2019 at 9:00 PM, Hyaenidae said:

Looks like it has the uppermost firewall lining, but if you look closely at the firewall the bare metal is visible, looks like it doesn't have the firewall heat shield

You were right. I checked my engine bay, it has the black heat shield but not the uppermost lining. Probably the brand new imports never came with it, thanks to UM ?

On 1/11/2019 at 11:31 AM, Hyaenidae said:

That Lancer is a beauty, wonder why he's selling it...

Thanks for the compliment :) I'm planning to upgrade. I neither have money nor space for two vehicles so have to let her go, sadly.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2019 at 10:50 PM, Hyaenidae said:

@Trinity did you receive the last PM I sent? It seems I've lost all my conversations on the app.

Sent from my Nokia 1100 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Ya machang, if it’s the one with the photos of the seat railing, I received it. Sorry couldn’t reply you as I was dealing with so many things.. still life is very very busy these days. 

Ya machang, if it’s the one with the photos of the seat railing, I received it. Sorry couldn’t reply you as I was dealing with so many things.. still life is very very busy these days. 
Ah, glad to hear it. Somehow the AL app cleared all my messages and didn't allow me to send messages, couldn't check if you received my message until Madz fixed it for me

Sent from my Nokia 1100 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

Have few small updates on some new additions I made to the car. She didn't have door visors when I bought her and the window tint was badly faded. So got the windows tinted with 3M film and was able to import near genuine looking set of visors thanks to a friend of mine who is also a car addict. Did another small change, the B pillar area of the doors were in the original body colour and I did not like it at all. So got it blacked out as well.

Here are the photos.

Before installing the visors and getting the tint done.

IMG_9821.thumb.jpeg.384d1fbfcdf37bb0b1e88f939a1935a7.jpeg

The visors and plus the tint.

IMG_0621.thumb.jpeg.75c994a40f5305de84ee23d4ff1b5bfa.jpeg

IMG_0619.thumb.jpeg.b16dba7cb04829ffeea854b7f4dd1c57.jpeg

As you can see I didn't go for a dark tint, instead opted for a lighter one which cuts out the heat. Also this way visibility during the night time is also not compromised. 

I removed the seat covers which was there when I bought the car as the were worn out. And got a interior cleaned (there were not much to clean though). 

All these were done during June 2019.

IMG_9908.thumb.jpeg.e8659a1f11b6162906b6bab7814592b5.jpeg

IMG_9907.thumb.jpeg.73ba35bf5cf2301451d42306e9159f38.jpeg

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Look who came to see me today! 
After almost 4 years since we departed I met my ever loving CS today. It was a moment with mixed feelings. I was happy to see her but at the same time was sad to see the state she was in. 
Nevertheless she will forever hold that special place in my heart until the day my eyes are shut for good.

Miss you old buddy! 

0B0FCFC5-FB51-4D0D-91C3-4C8FD929FFAD.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 10/29/2022 at 4:26 PM, trinity said:

Look who came to see me today! 
After almost 4 years since we departed I met my ever loving CS today. It was a moment with mixed feelings. I was happy to see her but at the same time was sad to see the state she was in. 
Nevertheless she will forever hold that special place in my heart until the day my eyes are shut for good.

Miss you old buddy! 

0B0FCFC5-FB51-4D0D-91C3-4C8FD929FFAD.jpeg

Sadly in the current situation people do the bare minimal actions just to make sure the cars run and nothing more - a good many cars are deteriorating due to this. 

P.S : can't help but mention that that particular CS has a timeless design. Oh and since we're on about Lancers mine says hi. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b2632abc60555f4e320a1c22756c934e.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, matroska said:

Sadly in the current situation people do the bare minimal actions just to make sure the cars run and nothing more - a good many cars are deteriorating due to this. 

P.S : can't help but mention that that particular CS has a timeless design. Oh and since we're on about Lancers mine says hi. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b2632abc60555f4e320a1c22756c934e.jpeg

Completely agreed on this. That never look never get old. 

Glad to see your Lancer as well. This used to be THE car at one point in SL history of cars. Still holds a good demand I think.