• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Guess who bought a Lancer EX

trinity

5 hours ago, Sampath Gunasekera said:

Congratulations Machan. Superb buy !!! ?

You and Davy are the people, made me a Lancer lover and then an owner.

Engine bay and boot photos please.

Thank you Sampath. 

Will upload the interior and engine bay photos soon. The ones i took are bit dark. Will retake them when the sun is shining and post here.. :) 

11 hours ago, trinity said:

You are correct. 

I too thought the GLX didnt come with center console, rear head rest and arm rest, but its not the case here. As far as I've noticed, main differences with the GLS and GLX are,

GLS having

1.HID head lamps

2.Multi function steering wheel

3.Traction control

4. Key less entry 

5.Remotely operated boot lid.

I've seen GLXs with 2 and 5... ? 

Edited by Hyaenidae

22 hours ago, trinity said:

You are correct. 

I too thought the GLX didnt come with center console, rear head rest and arm rest, but its not the case here. As far as I've noticed, main differences with the GLS and GLX are,

GLS having

1.HID head lamps

2.Multi function steering wheel

3.Traction control

4. Key less entry 

5.Remotely operated boot lid.

6. Automatic AC (Climate Control)

In the Australian market, all models after 2008 came with a double din audio system as standard. The coloured multi info display is also standard in all models after 2010 or so. I think automatic AC is also standard in all models. On the flip side, none of the models after 2010 came with HID projector headlamps. Not even the Evo. They even changed the wiring, so it's not plug and play anymore even if you get a set of HID projectors. But I see that HIDs are still offered in EXs in Sri Lanka.

From all the Lancer EX ads I've looked at during the past few weeks, I wonder if we even have Lancer EXs with black interiors in Sri Lanka? All I've seen are beige or dark grey. 

24 minutes ago, Davy said:

From all the Lancer EX ads I've looked at during the past few weeks, I wonder if we even have Lancer EXs with black interiors in Sri Lanka? All I've seen are beige or dark grey. 

Mine is black - (I got a set of leather seat covers done on top of the black fabric seats from the factory)

AN7qaZx.jpg

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Magnum said:

Probably aftermarket installation

Could be but they had lock/unlock buttons on the key itself

I'll ask if I meet the owner again. I think UNIMO custom ordered options as they wished - Some GLX EXs have black door handles, some GLXs don't have the armrest, some GLS versions don't have the engine cover and inner nickel/silver trims, etc etc

25 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Mine is black - (I got a set of leather seat covers done on top of the black fabric seats from the factory)

AN7qaZx.jpg

Sha nice.. what color is your car?? 

I see that there's a covered compartment next to the hand brake lever, I cont have that in my car. Instead there are two cup holders located at that space.

55 minutes ago, Davy said:

6. Automatic AC (Climate Control)

In the Australian market, all models after 2008 came with a double din audio system as standard. The coloured multi info display is also standard in all models after 2010 or so. I think automatic AC is also standard in all models. On the flip side, none of the models after 2010 came with HID projector headlamps. Not even the Evo. They even changed the wiring, so it's not plug and play anymore even if you get a set of HID projectors. But I see that HIDs are still offered in EXs in Sri Lanka.

Ah, yes I missed the Auto A/C, also

7. leather wrapped steering and gear lever knob

8. Chrome and wood accented interior trim

About the black interior, there were few machang, and still some cars are available in the sites. There's red GLS and black GLS in the quick site with black interior.

There was a blue color one GLX with full body kit in AL.

And finally, yako BRATT??? that too is having black interior.

Edited by trinity

8 minutes ago, trinity said:

Sha nice.. what color is your car?? 

I see that there's a covered compartment next to the hand brake lever, I cont have that in my car. Instead there are two cup holders located at that space.

It's Rally Red :yes: 

l0GUMK6.jpg

Underneath that compartment are the cup holders 

12 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

It's Rally Red :yes: 

l0GUMK6.jpg

Underneath that compartment are the cup holders 

Wow,,, that's my favorite color. I was hoping that I'd find a car in that color but there were none. 

Edited by trinity

2 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

AN7qaZx.jpg

Love it! 

@trinity, here's an idea for you. Leather seat covers! ?

2 hours ago, trinity said:

Ah, yes I missed the Auto A/C, also

7. leather wrapped steering and gear lever knob

8. Chrome and wood accented interior trim

About the black interior, there were few machang, and still some cars are available in the sites. There's red GLS and black GLS in the quick site with black interior.

There was a blue color one GLX with full body kit in AL.

And finally, yako BRATT??? that too is having black interior.

lol, was BRATT black? Can't even remember. 

I guess most of the cars I saw that you sent me links of had beige interiors. So assumed black is rare. 

1 minute ago, Davy said:

Love it! 

I guess most of the cars I saw that you sent me links of had beige interiors. So assumed black is rare. 

Yes, BRATT is black. In fact it was us who persuaded Bracket to go for black interior for his red car.

6 minutes ago, Davy said:

Love it! 

Ammo no, dont like it. Besides, dont wanna get my ass burnt after getting in to the car in a sunny day. Have a fond memory of an incident happened in a friends car. ha ha ha....

3 hours ago, Davy said:

Mine was a 2007 GLS (Black with Black interior) and it was specked with carbon fiber look interior it was one of a kind as most of them came with beige interior and wood trim

They discontinued getting down GLS after sometime due to higher cost, CIF going above permit limits at the time

GLX came with gray interior