• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Guess who bought a Lancer EX

trinity

8 hours ago, trinity said:

Wow,,, that's my favorite color. I was hoping that I'd find a car in that color but there were none. 

Yeah, but metallic grey, black and silver look great too on the LanEX. White, not so much

Most folks don't go for the red color because the 2nd hand market favors white and silver cars... and the beige interior

1 hour ago, Hyaenidae said:

Yeah, but metallic grey, black and silver look great too on the LanEX. White, not so much

Most folks don't go for the red color because the 2nd hand market favors white and silver cars... and the beige interior

For me, the red is the best color for this car. Maybe I’m biased towards red cuz my favorite color is red. I like this metallic grey (or purplish grey as CR says) as well. I’ve seen a light bluish kinda color which I believe is the ugliest.

I’ve seen only a handful of white EXs in all these years. 

I guess colour is personal preference. The Lightning Blue is pretty popular in Australia and there are people who specifically look for it. I'm not sure if the gunmetal grey on trinity's car is called "Titanium", but if it is, that's my favourite colour. Second is probably white. The champagne colour is probably the last with silver.

All personal taste. I like white because, it accents the black air vents, bumper diffusers and trim nicely whereas on a black, they're less pronounced. Not sure if the white in the Sri lankan market is different, but there are two whites in Australian market and the nicer one is "Shadow White". The other one is like Dulux white that go on walls. :D

2 hours ago, Davy said:

All personal taste. I like white because, it accents the black air vents, bumper diffusers and trim nicely whereas on a black, they're less pronounced. Not sure if the white in the Sri lankan market is different, but there are two whites in Australian market and the nicer one is "Shadow White". The other one is like Dulux white that go on walls. :D

We might be having "Dulux White" - don't look so good on LanEX.

You have a Ralliart, right? It might look good even on pink :D 

fEu6fZk.jpg

On 11/3/2018 at 9:58 PM, Sampath Gunasekera said:

CS is going to be your EX due to new EX.?

On 11/4/2018 at 7:39 AM, Hyaenidae said:

EX-Lancer and Lancer-EX :D

Ha ha creative.. should have thought about it before posting the photos.. , lemme edit the original post. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

@trinity why does the coolant overflow tank seem empty :o 

3 hours ago, Davy said:

Is it empty or do I see water or something in the bottom half? Nevertheless, that needs to be looked into @trinity

Nice observation, it was at low level when I took the photo. Did a full coolant flush and now it’s at the correct level ?.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, trish_auto said:

Actually what are the fuel consumption figures of this model , in colombo city traffic ?

Car does about 12 in the morning, from home to office. That’s moderate traffic. In the evening, the return journey it’s about 10ish, that’s under heavy traffic. This is a 1.5L.

27 minutes ago, trinity said:

Hey that’s good for a 1.6. Thought it does about 6-7 in heavy traffic. 

Whoa, no, it's not that bad :D I don't think there's that much of a difference between 1.5l engine and the 1.6l one, only reason I can think for 1.6l engine to do worse in fuel in comparison to 1.5l engine is that the 1.6l version having HPS instead of EPS...  I don't think extra 100CCs of cylinder capacity would make a noticeable drop in FE anyhow, I might be wrong though...

What engine oil do you use @trinity

Edited by Hyaenidae