• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota vitz 2008 1.0 or Kia picanto 2016 full option

jalebi

Question

Dear Friends, 

I am new to this forum and new to buying a car as well. So please help with your extensive knowledge about cars for my selection.

budget: 2.5 - 2.6 million

I will be getting a lease after paying 30% down payment.

I have checked some car sales, AL ads and ###### ads. Having gone through these ads, I have a small understanding that toyota vitz 1.0L 2007/2008 and kia picanto 2016 full option fall in that range. 

1. Can you please help me decide which is better?

2. Can you please recommend a good, fuel efficient kei car that I can buy for my budget? 

3. Is Toyota Passo 2004 a good car to buy for 2.1 million rupees or is the price too much?

Many Thanks and God Bless you!!!

Kind Regards 

Kushi...

15 hours ago, jalebi said:

1. Can you please help me decide which is better?

Picanto being a newer car will be in good condition and you will hopefully have a bit of agent warranty. The vitz is now a decade old and  have to be a bit wary to find a decent specimen. If you live outstations and have a problem with sourcing spares etc then maybe Vitz might be the choice BUT i have seen Kia's all over the country so it's not a bad option at all. If I had to make a choice i't pick the kia 

2. Can you please recommend a good, fuel efficient kei car that I can buy for my budget? 

Suzuki Hustler/Daihatsu Mira  - @tiv might give more info about Keis. 

3. Is Toyota Passo 2004 a good car to buy for 2.1 million rupees or is the price too much?

It's a very very basic car - a friend of mine recently sold her passo if similar vintage for 1.9 so that might be the right price range. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, matroska said:

Thank you so much for answering.

1. I too was thinking on the same line but when it comes to resale value after 2-3 years, i am not sure if people will go for a used kia just like they go for toyotas. Can you please comment and give your thought ? Am i correct to believe that kia has little resale value ?

2. How about mitsubishi mirage ? Does daihatsu mira have resale market?

3.Oh i see thank you..

Kind Regards 

Kushi...

On 10/29/2018 at 12:50 PM, jalebi said:

Thank you so much for answering.

1. I too was thinking on the same line but when it comes to resale value after 2-3 years, i am not sure if people will go for a used kia just like they go for toyotas. Can you please comment and give your thought ? Am i correct to believe that kia has little resale value ?

2. How about mitsubishi mirage ? Does daihatsu mira have resale market?

3.Oh i see thank you..

Kind Regards 

Kushi...

Running behind Japanese is a just a mania in our country. with that, ppl miss so much of good stuff. If I had thought that much about resale value I d miss that nice Picanto I own now. Besides, just compare the latest Japanise crap with a 1.0 l picanto. I dont think anybody have to explain  you the difference.

Edited by KIA_PICANTO
adding more
  • Like 2

Daihastu, Vitz and Passo 1.0L versions are having almost similar engine performances except the changes in interior and options.  These models are more refined and robust compared to small korean cars.  If you worry about the second hand parts better go for one of the Jap makes.  If you go for a kei model with s-ene charge, again you get a good performance and fuel economy  for the price you pay.  But keis are keis... smaller in size, only two passengers in rear seat. 

If resale is your worry, go for a Toyota. Its like a cheap maradana whore. You can do whatever you like with it and shove it off to the next guy. 

If you like to enjoy your ride, go for the kia. 

You cant find a maradana whore who looks and feels like priyanka chopra. You need to decide where to compromise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Vitz: Resale value, more space inside , better build quality .      Also less reliable since it’s old, most cars are hacked with fake mileages 

Kia: value for money , little bit of driving pleasure , compared to the old Vitz chances are that you will have up to a certain extent worry free ownership.      Resale value is alright in my book but not as good as the Toyota’s , certainly depreciates faster than the Japanese. 

16 hours ago, KIA_PICANTO said:

Running behind Japanese is a just a mania in our country. with that, ppl miss so much of good stuff. If I had thought that much about resale value I d miss that nice Picanto I own now. Besides, just compare the latest Japanise crap with a 1.0 l picanto. I dont think anybody have to explain  you the difference.

Can you please enlighten us on the difference between the latest “Japanese Crap “ and the Picanto ? 

Edited by TheFlyingFox

If you cant stretch your budget by a bit Picanto 2017 will be a better bet

New Model (current one in the showroom) which has better features and design and comes with 5 year 100k warrenty

I bet it will be more reliable and will most probably pay back in terms of repair cost of a hacked Vitz even if you factor of probable higher depreciation.

Well if you go to Kia picanto, you will be able to find a good specimen with company warranty. Kia Picanto 2016 has 5 years or 150000km company warranty however rear leg space is not good for adults over 5' 5". Since the car has company warranty, you can expect all the services are done in time.

9 hours ago, Crosswind said:

If resale is your worry, go for a Toyota. Its like a cheap maradana whore. You can do whatever you like with it and shove it off to the next guy. 

If you like to enjoy your ride, go for the kia. 

You cant find a maradana whore who looks and feels like priyanka chopra. You need to decide where to compromise. 

Priyanka chopra would have been a nice analogy if he compared the Vitz to a Benz. But to a Kia , maybe Maradana whore and Hasini Samuel :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, TheFlyingFox said:

Priyanka chopra would have been a nice analogy if he compared the Vitz to a Benz. But to a Kia , maybe Maradana whore and Hasini Samuel :D 

It all depends on the owner methinks :) There might be a 2008 Vitz that is being treated like Priyanka Chopra out there, if OP could find such an example it could be in even better condition than a 2016 Picanto. 

For some reason, users of mainstream Toyota cars (Corolla, Premio/Allion, Vitz, Passo etc etc...) who treat their cars with such enthusiasm are next to non-existent in Sri Lanka. 

Edited by Hyaenidae

3. Is Toyota Passo 2004 a good car to buy for 2.1 million rupees or is the price too much?"

You can find a good Passo car for around 2.5-2.6 m, made around  2008-2011, but with a mileage over 50k.  If it is single owned, well looked after, there is no issue. Its a very reliable car. Anyway, get the car checked with a professional or local agents before giving your money away,  

I own a Picanto 2017 which had done over 30k during last 18 months or so.

My BIL had a 2008 Vitz he had for over 8 years over 160k which had few parts replaced including shocks, engine mounts.

With high mileage any car Jap or Korean will have increased maintenance.

I have not seen major differences in the built quality between the two cars, Korean cars have improved over the years. Both are full of hard plastics and basic. 

Vitz has more room inside and Kia seats are more supportive and comfortable

Kia is better to drive with 4 speed torque converter box against CVT of the Vitz

Vitz has marginally better fuel economy

You will be able to find a Kia with full service history maintained by agents where as finding such a Vitz may be virtually impossible.

20 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Sri lankans compare apples  with gata polos. 

Sadly yes - In SL everything is based on price and not need/requirement 

17 hours ago, TheFlyingFox said:

Maradana whore and Hasini Samuel

Is there a difference? I thought the latter is a subset of the former. 

4 hours ago, trish_auto said:

You mean

Apples  = Toyota

GataPolos = Kia  

:yahoo:

Apples = Laila Nkamapoiortieotretrektnr ( Random Thai name)  from Bangkok

GataPolos  = Sujani from the massage spa in maradana. 

For sri lankans if the price is same there is no difference -

On 1/9/2019 at 8:18 AM, TheFlyingFox said:

Can you please enlighten us on the difference between the latest “Japanese Crap “ and the Picanto ? 

Dude, Even I'd love to have a Japanese make loaded with great stuff. There's no argument with it. But in Sri Lankan context its different. I wonder what you get spending 3.0 Mn or even higher for 660 cc new craps behind which so much of crowd run these days. on another hand, having quite a resale value in "SRI LANKA" means one can do anything to the vehicle (bad use, mileage adjustment etc. ) and easily sell it to you. specially to a vehicle like vitz 2008 1.0 or 1.3, can you guess how long and how much it had gone under what type of changes. This doesn't apply for good stuff from Japan. The problem is getting value for money you spend for japanese one in sri lanka. There may be so many other better options if you are really interested.

• Like 1