• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need a good Car around 2 million

Sipa

Question

34 minutes ago, Sipa said:

How is the fuel consumption and maintain feasibility? 

As I am aware, the 1.8 option engine is little bit thirsty. It will do around 6.5 ~ 8 kmpl. But the 2 litre engine is fairly good on fuel. It may offer 9 ~ 10 kmpl. I usually don't face any issue in maintaining a Pug. Repairing fees and Spares are little bit expensive than Japs. Please get the advice of the experts here (I am not an expert and I am biased towards Euros and classic cars anyway....?) and decide....?. They may give better neutral advises.....:D

Also check about Fiat Grand Punto models after 2008....:D

• Like 1

@Sipa May i suggest that you take a look at some cars within that budget on the Sunday paper/Websites and shortlist a few. Go and see a few and look at the appearance, sit behind the steering wheel and pick a car that "You" actually like. The posters above has stated their preference and you might have another idea. 

Sedans under 2 Mil,

Toyota 110/Tercel/Corsa/Soluna/Corona/Carina

Nissan FB15/N16/Cefiro/PreseaLover :D

Subaru Impreza

Mazda Familia

The list goes on, If you shortlist a few then members here can give you advice :)

If you have any sort of experience with European cars in this era (Under 2Mil) or know anyone who uses them , then only consider!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tilvin said:

As I am aware, the 1.8 option engine is little bit thirsty. It will do around 6.5 ~ 8 kmpl. But the 2 litre engine is fairly good on fuel. It may offer 9 ~ 10 kmpl. I usually don't face any issue in maintaining a Pug. Repairing fees and Spares are little bit expensive than Japs. Please get the advice of the experts here (I am not an expert and I am biased towards Euros and classic cars anyway....?) and decide....?. They may give better neutral advises.....:D

Also check about Fiat Grand Punto models after 2008....:D

Thank you for advice 

1 hour ago, TheFlyingFox said:

@Sipa May i suggest that you take a look at some cars within that budget on the Sunday paper/Websites and shortlist a few. Go and see a few and look at the appearance, sit behind the steering wheel and pick a car that "You" actually like. The posters above has stated their preference and you might have another idea. 

Sedans under 2 Mil,

Toyota 110/Tercel/Corsa/Soluna/Corona/Carina

Nissan FB15/N16/Cefiro/PreseaLover :D

Subaru Impreza

Mazda Familia

The list goes on, If you shortlist a few then members here can give you advice :)

If you have any sort of experience with European cars in this era (Under 2Mil) or know anyone who uses them , then only consider!

Thank you mate. 

1 hour ago, ghostwriter said:

Viva Elite (2010-2013) - (if you're thel higanna, like me ??)

May be can qualify as a 'smart thel hinganna'?

My point is the price we payed early days for a brand new Viva Elite vs the fuel cost and maintenance is a far better choice in my opinion.

For sure people would argue that its not comfortable as an Allion or not safe as a sedan which cost 3 or 4 times the price. but its all relative in my opinion. Eg you cannot compare safety of a Land cruiser vs a one of the most trending Civic 1.0L T these days right? I'm not an expert on cars or money but just my opinion about return on investment. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, kmeeg said:

May be can qualify as a 'smart thel hinganna'?

My point is the price we payed early days for a brand new Viva Elite vs the fuel cost and maintenance is a far better choice in my opinion.

For sure people would argue that its not comfortable as an Allion or not safe as a sedan which cost 3 or 4 times the price. but its all relative in my opinion. Eg you cannot compare safety of a Land cruiser vs a one of the most trending Civic 1.0L T these days right? I'm not an expert on cars or money but just my opinion about return on investment. 

yeah totally, I'm still in my mid 20's working on increasing and stabilizing my income so Viva Elite seemed an economical option considering my affordability to pump fuel and do maintenance/ repairs. Hell, it's not as safe as a Volvo but hey, beggars can't be choosers!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sipa said:

Inspected Suzuki Liana 2006, Honda city 2000, Toyota vitz 1998. But nothing is fit to my expectation.

If you can extend your budget a little bit a 2007ish Toyota Yaris 1.3L manual might be a great option. Check and see. You will love the smooth shift and the interior space for the price. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2018 at 7:55 PM, tilvin said:

Check Alfa Romeo 156 models. If you get good chance you might be able to get Alfa Romeo 159 models within your search....:D.

Dude seriously... don't suggest Alfas to people who are looking for Viva Elites...

and if you know a 159 for sale, let me know! I thought there was only one in the country.

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2018 at 7:22 AM, Sipa said:

Inspected Suzuki Liana 2006, Honda city 2000, Toyota vista 1998. But nothing is fit to my expectation.

@SipaThe problem in your post is you have not mentioned 'what is your expectation?'. You have just mentioned two requirements. It should be a sedan around 2 million. Maybe If you can tell more details about your exact requirement it would be easier to provide options.

On 11/5/2018 at 11:55 AM, matroska said:

Ideally the alfa buyer wouldn't ask suggestions like this. If OP is ok for a euro VW Bora isn't a bad option.

Or else a Mazda! Good luck finding a non dodgy 110 or a fb15. 

110 and fb 15 out. Will check for VW