• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Income Tax Problems

Maricruz

Question

Hi guys. 

This is an unusual question but here goes. Has anyone had issues with the Inland Revenue after buying a vehicle (approx 3 mil) with cash? Anyone having faced inquires with regards to source of money, etc? Appreciate any insight with regards to this. 

Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, Maricruz said:

Hi guys. 

This is an unusual question but here goes. Has anyone had issues with the Inland Revenue after buying a vehicle (approx 3 mil) with cash? Anyone having faced inquires with regards to source of money, etc? Appreciate any insight with regards to this. 

Thanks in advance!

I don't have personal experience in this regard. But yes, one of my friends mentioned about a letter (or a summon) from IRD. Once you submit a letter with your salary slip, an acknowledgement receipt will be issued to you and it'll all be fine he said. The rumor is everyone who imported vehicles since 2015 are summoned. (don't know for sure as I didn't get such letter yet. :D)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amsandun said:

I don't have personal experience in this regard. But yes, one of my friends mentioned about a letter (or a summon) from IRD. Once you submit a letter with your salary slip, an acknowledgement receipt will be issued to you and it'll all be fine he said. The rumor is everyone who imported vehicles since 2015 are summoned. (don't know for sure as I didn't get such letter yet. :D)

Funny thing is even if they want to summon me I am no longer at the same address which was used in all import documents and vehicle registration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1