• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

KIA PICANTO white smoke

KIA_PICANTO

Question

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, KIA_PICANTO said:

Hi,

Just came to be an owner of a Kia Picanto 2016, a CAQ done around 16,000. I heard a rumor about a white smoke (burning of oil) around 60,000 in KIA. anybody faced with this problem in this community? does this apply to Picanto 2016 as well. Please explain.

Kia gives 5 year or 150,000 km warranty for Kia Picanto, if you faced in to this issue when you reach to 60,000 km (you have another 44000 km) take it to the agent, if it is a manufacturing fault they will fix it for you. One thing, you need to maintain the Picanto at agents (Malabe or Kurunegala service centers) to maintain the warranty.

If you purchased this Picanto from the 1st owner, ask him to transfer the warranty under your name.

My wife has Picanto 2016 purchased in March 2017, it has 5 year warranty and I'm also in Kia Picanto club Facebook group and not one has reported this kind of issue or rumor.

Edited by tbird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KIA_PICANTO said:

Hi,

Just came to be an owner of a Kia Picanto 2016, a CAQ done around 16,000. I heard a rumor about a white smoke (burning of oil) around 60,000 in KIA. anybody faced with this problem in this community? does this apply to Picanto 2016 as well. Please explain.

With that big-fat warranty kia give  i wouldn't care less about a rumor.  make sure the ex-owner gives you all proper documents. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 3:13 PM, tbird said:

Kia gives 5 year or 150,000 km warranty for Kia Picanto, if you faced in to this issue when you reach to 60,000 km (you have another 44000 km) take it to the agent, if it is a manufacturing fault they will fix it for you. One thing, you need to maintain the Picanto at agents (Malabe or Kurunegala service centers) to maintain the warranty.

If you purchased this Picanto from the 1st owner, ask him to transfer the warranty under your name.

My wife has Picanto 2016 purchased in March 2017, it has 5 year warranty and I'm also in Kia Picanto club Facebook group and not one has reported this kind of issue or rumor.

It was relieving after reading this. Thanks for sharing.