• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota assistant

Thxrindu

I bought vitz 2016 few months ago.When key goes to acc there's voice "ETC **** *** **** ***"... I cant understand cuz it's in japan language.

There is another voice command "Sun is down turn on your headlights "

I want to know about this voice assisst feature?

Is there more commands except this?

And also there is problem with that command.In the morning and it's sunny tells the 'turn on your lights ' command.[emoji43]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Thxrindu said:

I bought vitz 2016 few months ago.When key goes to acc there's voice "ETC **** *** **** ***"... I cant understand cuz it's in japan language.

I want to know about this voice assisst feature?

Is there more commands except this?

And also there is problem with that command.In the morning and it's sunny tells the 'turn on your lights ' command.emoji43.png

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think what ETC xxxxxxxx means is that in Japan or any developed counties you have to pay for traveling on those roads, maybe @iRage can confirm this. Even in Srilanka, in the highway exit there is a ETC exit for prepaid electronic toll cards . Lots of Japanese cars have this. Nothing to worry about. 

I think what ETC xxxxxxxx means is that in Japan or any developed counties you have to pay for traveling on those roads, maybe [mention=51257]iRage[/mention] can confirm this. Even in Srilanka, in the highway exit there is a ETC exit for prepaid electronic toll cards . Lots of Japanese cars have this. Nothing to worry about. 
No worries..[emoji43] ..i want to know more about that feature? Is there any other voice commands..?cuz 2nd one is in english that i heard.

11 minutes ago, Thxrindu said:

No worries..emoji43.png ..i want to know more about that feature? Is there any other voice commands..?cuz 2nd one is in english that i heard.

As far as i know it is a device fitted to most of the Japanese cars for electronic toll collection in Japan. You have to insert a card and when the car goes under a toll automatically it cuts some $$ off the card. This device has nothing to do with SL so there is nothing to worry.

As far as i know it is a device fitted to most of the Japanese cars for electronic toll collection in Japan. You have to insert a card and when the car goes under a toll automatically it cuts some $$ off the card. This device has nothing to do with SL so there is nothing to worry.
Ohh..then other on "sun is down turn on your headlights".Do you know about this and where from this?

13 hours ago, TheFlyingFox said:

I think what ETC xxxxxxxx means is that in Japan or any developed counties you have to pay for traveling on those roads, maybe @iRage can confirm this. Even in Srilanka, in the highway exit there is a ETC exit for prepaid electronic toll cards . Lots of Japanese cars have this. Nothing to worry about. 

Yes...ETC is Electronic Toll Collector/Card. You have a smart card linked to your bank account and other driving information. Highway toll collection is done via ETC (manual toll booths are there with humans as well..but more and more highway entrances are becoming ETC only). Also, using ETC is a bit cheaper (10% or so) than the manual toll. (eg. normal toll for 165km on Nagasaki-Kyushu highway costs 2700++yen but the ETC only costs 2400++ yen....considering 300yen could pay for a meal that can add up to a lot)

13 hours ago, tilvin said:

My advice is to spend some time and learn Japanese language first....??

Considering the cost of Japanese lessons these days, finding a Japanese girlfriend/wife might be cheaper :) <in the short term at least :D >

12 hours ago, Thxrindu said:

It probably says ETC cardo wa haittimasen" ETC card is not inside. It is an alarm from the ETC reader/unit. Depending on the ETC reader/unit type it can come from the device itself or the stereo or the speaker where all the dings and the dongs would emit from (depending on the car).

As for the sun goes down...most systems (especially cars like a Vitz) it is something that is linked with the NAVI/Audio system of the car. It doesn't actually detect day/night time from the light sensor of the auto headlight system or anything. Just goes by the time on the NAVI/Audio system. with NAVI based systems the time and ambient conditions are received so the announcements are made based n that (also, systems like T-Connect can so things like this). On some audio systems there calendar and/or time settings which the announcement uses. So that might explain why you get notices to turn on and off your headlights at strange times (I am guess your's is a Navi based feature ?). Its interesting that those announcements are in English.

It probably says ETC cardo wa haittimasen" ETC card is not inside. It is an alarm from the ETC reader/unit. Depending on the ETC reader/unit type it can come from the device itself or the stereo or the speaker where all the dings and the dongs would emit from (depending on the car).
As for the sun goes down...most systems (especially cars like a Vitz) it is something that is linked with the NAVI/Audio system of the car. It doesn't actually detect day/night time from the light sensor of the auto headlight system or anything. Just goes by the time on the NAVI/Audio system. with NAVI based systems the time and ambient conditions are received so the announcements are made based n that (also, systems like T-Connect can so things like this). On some audio systems there calendar and/or time settings which the announcement uses. So that might explain why you get notices to turn on and off your headlights at strange times (I am guess your's is a Navi based feature ?). Its interesting that those announcements are in English.
I dont know what is 'Navi based feature'....
In my vitz have nscp-w64 factory fitted audio system and im also interesting cuz that is in english[emoji39]