• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Pre collision system works?

Thxrindu

Question

I have vitz ksp130 safety edition car.Normally i drive without pre collision system (PCS).But when it get near to another car with 30+ speed there's a noise " beep beep beep " but no auto braking cuz pcs off.I think it is warning from PCS.

But yesterday a car suddenly crosses the street when i was going about 60kmph.When that moment i heard one beep sound and suddenly stopped the car within 1 or 2 meters with huge cracking sound.

My problem is what is the reason for it?PCS turned off surely at that moment.Is PCS works when its off? But with a sound like something stuck on the car? Normally when PCS on,the car will stop smoothly with beep sound in videos that i watched.Is there any fault with my car?[emoji15]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

6 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Thxrindu said:

I have vitz ksp130 safety edition car.Normally i drive without pre collision system (PCS).But when it get near to another car with 30+ speed there's a noise " beep beep beep " but no auto braking cuz pcs off.I think it is warning from PCS.

But yesterday a car suddenly crosses the street when i was going about 60kmph.When that moment i heard one beep sound and suddenly stopped the car within 1 or 2 meters with huge cracking sound.

My problem is what is the reason for it?PCS turned off surely at that moment.Is PCS works when its off? But with a sound like something stuck on the car? Normally when PCS on,the car will stop smoothly with beep sound in videos that i watched.Is there any fault with my car?emoji15.png

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You didn't crash, did you? If you did, that might explain the huge cracking sound and the sudden stop /s

By cracking nose are you talking about thuds, thumping and grinding noises ? If so it could be the ABS.

In some PCS the system does not entirely turn off. The turn-off is mostly intended for driving in heavy bumper to bumper traffic if needed because the system would be sending the driver bonkers (although it still would be needed). So although you turned it off the system does run in a passive mode. My guess is that your speed and the proximity of the crossing vehicle triggered the system to react (as it crossed safety parameters). The system would have applied the brakes hard which also would have triggered the ABS...so that could explain thumping, grinding noises (and even a weird pulse, vibration fro the brake pedal).

By cracking nose are you talking about thuds, thumping and grinding noises ? If so it could be the ABS.
In some PCS the system does not entirely turn off. The turn-off is mostly intended for driving in heavy bumper to bumper traffic if needed because the system would be sending the driver bonkers (although it still would be needed). So although you turned it off the system does run in a passive mode. My guess is that your speed and the proximity of the crossing vehicle triggered the system to react (as it crossed safety parameters). The system would have applied the brakes hard which also would have triggered the ABS...so that could explain thumping, grinding noises (and even a weird pulse, vibration fro the brake pedal).
@iRage yeah.Also there's slight vibration as u said.Thanks for the info mate [emoji7]

Hmm does it also check the rear and sides before deciding to abruptly stop? In our driving style it could lead to an accident from rear end since not all vehicles equipped with it.
Mmm yes.that time is very lucky for me..no vehicle from rear side.but if have it might hit my car..thats the problem