• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Difference Between WagonR Stringray & WagonR Premium

De Silva

Question

10 answers to this question

Wagon R premium is the model offered by the SL agent which looks similar to the JDM Wagon R FZ but optionwise it may differ.

Stingray is a higher grade of Wagon R with more bells and whistles like head up display and other safety features.

Also one thing I noticed that the LED pattern of the brake lights are different in these models.

First you need to understand the WagonR lineup.

It goes as follows;

WagonR FA (non hybrid)

WagonR FX (hybrid, cheapest hybrid model, ugly beige interior)

WagonR FZ (hybrid)

WagonR Stingray (Hybrid,4WD and turbo variants available)

WagonR Premium (WagonR FZ imporeted & rebadged by the agent)

WagonR Stingaray is the highest grade WagonR you could buy. Radar Brake and HUD (in other models you have to request it as a add-on package)come as standard and interior gets reletively premium touch.

WagonR Premium is the WagonR FZ imporeted by A*W. It comes with 4 year 80,000km manufacturer warranty. According to A*W this car's hybrid management system is fine tuned to match our conditioned. I followed up on this and Suzuki Motor Cooperation Japan indeed has conducted severel months long tests here in Sri Lanka prior to launch. You could verify this via wagonR FB groups.

Aprt from interior and exterior differences both cars are built on the same chassis and engine/gearbox configuration.

You cannot get Radar break add on package on the premium model as manufacturer hasn't tested its practically and suitability (or so they say) on our traffic and road conditions. Instead they they have thrown in a pioneer player with four speaker setup, parking sensors, fog lights, genuine car mats, interior illumination (you know how important these are for our car people?

To sum it up;

If you need the top of the line, all the bells & whistles go for the Stingray. If you need a safe option and not worry about JAAI බායි සෙටිපිකැට්ටු go for the agent imporeted brandnew model.

• Like 1

Lately I’ve seen lot of issues reported with belt auto tensioner in hybrid models. It’s a costly repair, new part about 70k but some establishments offer repair for 15k. However AFAIK A*W model does not have this issue due to different design  more suitable for SL conditions.

3 hours ago, kmeeg said:

In my opinion is when it comes to recalls the agent should have fix the recall regardless where and how it is bought as long as you prove ownership.

The manufacturers have the SOLE RIGHT to decide which of their designs are suitable for which markets. Its not their problem if some exile Crooks in Japan buy registered local market vehicles and sell them in markets where the design is not validated.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, matroska said:

You will realize the value of that when recalls etc come.

In my opinion is when it comes to recalls the agent should have fix the recall regardless where and how it is bought as long as you prove ownership.

1 minute ago, kmeeg said:

Yeah but sadly that does not happen - classic example being the engine-oil burn issue on the GP1. 

Why do people always have to be sarcastic for an innocent question I don’t know. 

OP, here you go, this might give you some idea although it’s not about the specific JDM model (Stingray) you inquired. . Also if you do a little bit of research inside the forum, you can gain more insights.