• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Getting first revenue license via online

Goro

I just tried to get a revenue license for a new car, and at the following step (attached) it would not let me proceed. Is it temporarily down or isn't it possible to get 1st revenue license via this website?
It doesn't matter which company I select for the 2nd part. It always fails. However I haven't done emission test yet. Just wanted to see if this online thing works. Should I do emission test first and come back here? Are those emission test reports are integrated to this website just like that?

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 11.01.50 PM.png

Edited by Goro

1 minute ago, priyanka said:

Must be a temporary issue..

Similar thing happened to me when I tried to get mine during the last weekend... but was successful on Monday....

Try tomorrow morning..

So basically how this thing works? How do we link insurance certificate and emission test certificate ?

You need to enter your insurance company name and the company by which you did the emission test... there's nothing for you to link... only thing you must get your insurance and the emission report beforehand 

You can't cheate the system as all insurance and emission companies are linked..

And sometimes the insurance details take little time get uptade at the RMV site.. so check with your insurance company 

10 hours ago, Goro said:

I just tried to get a revenue license for a new car, and at the following step (attached) it would not let me proceed. Is it temporarily down or isn't it possible to get 1st revenue license via this website?
It doesn't matter which company I select for the 2nd part. It always fails. However I haven't done emission test yet. Just wanted to see if this online thing works. Should I do emission test first and come back here? Are those emission test reports are integrated to this website just like that?

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 11.01.50 PM.png

Get your insurance and emission test completed. Once done they will be updated in their system. Only after that you can proceed form this point. If it still gives an error better to call the help line and check with them or get it in the usual manner. I have got the my licence renewed via this several times.

• Like 1

Btw, once you do the eco test, it automatically links up with this web site. So is your insurance. However , it looks like web service of SL I******* is down (for about week now) while others work fine. I get this error when I try to validate. Too bad I got my insurance from SLIC and now I can't get this license online due to this issue ?

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 12.56.35 AM.png

• 1 month later...

I actually got the first license online for a self imported car. Since the emission certificate was mandatory, first went and got the emission test done at L**ghs and waited for one day (apparently for the data to get synced up) then used the insurance company which issued the cover note as the insurer (in my case c******o. I think the look up is based on the chassis number). Logged in using the google credentials. Got the temporary print out and the real license arrived in post a week or so later.

Hope this helps.

Edit : From what I heard, the revenue license is given with the registration only for agent imported vehicle. I could be wrong here though.

Edited by Insedious

Two days back I went through this process and found no issues at all.  

Once you do your emission test it will update then and there in their system/ servers. Insurance also the same.

All details of your vehicle are linked via the registration number.

If any of the validation fails, just ring insurance and/or emission test company to make sure details are already updated in the servers.

If so, things should work. 

This system  is valid for all the provinces.

n.b: I think it will be good if the police also can implement a similar system to issue road fines. Once all the driving licences are saved into a database, from anytime anywhere fines can be issued without collecting driving license.  Drivers also able to pay their fines online without going back and forth. When I asked this from one of the traffic police officers, his opinion was that technology is not up to date to do those things. That's incorrect. More than enough technology is with everyone's hands these days. Its only a matter of internet connection.  Genuine reason may be different to that.

As far as I know you cannot obtain your first revenue license online.Even though they have mentioned that you can obtain it online will not work (only for 1st time) .May be it will work in future :)

I went to RMV and obtained the license from there (first or second license you can obtain from RMV Narahenpita).

If its a Hybrid vehicle this will work as you dont want to provide an emission test result (I called their helpline and they told me)

Edited by Hungry_Minder
update info

8 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

don't know how this happenned, but my emission test expires in the mind of february and the revenue expires at the end of this month.. So in this case wonder if my existing emission test would be validated when i renew the revenue online this month. 

If validity more than two months, Yes you can obtain your new revenue online. Probably your one will validate.

5 hours ago, Hungry_Minder said:

As far as I know you cannot obtain your first revenue license online.Even though they have mentioned that you can obtain it online will not work (only for 1st time) .May be it will work in future

No its working. Only thing is send the CR copy to insurance company and ask them to enter the registration number to their systems. 

12 hours ago, Prangi said:

If validity more than two months, Yes you can obtain your new revenue online. Probably your one will validate.

No its working. Only thing is send the CR copy to insurance company and ask them to enter the registration number to their systems. 

Ah thats great then.Few months back it didnt work.