• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle for 10 million

sfernando

Hi All, I am looking to buy a vehicle and my budget is 10 million.

These are the options I am looking into

1) Honda CRV Turbo 1.5  7 seater

2) Mithubishi montero 2013 diesel

3) Toyota Prado Petrol 120

Out of the above please suggest which vehicle i should go for considering after sale value, maintenance cost and comfort. I am not going to use them for off road and therefore please do not consider that.

2 hours ago, sfernando said:

Out of the above please suggest which vehicle i should go for considering after sale value, maintenance cost and comfort. I am not going to use them for off road and therefore please do not consider that.

Not sure if have followed or not, there are 2 threads talking about Honda CR-V 1.5T engine problems and civic 1.5T could also have the same problem.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

8 hours ago, sfernando said:

Guys how about below two options. 

Mitsubishi ellipse cross 2018 5 Seater

Toyota rush 2018 7 Seater

The eclipse has a quite complicated fuel injection system where they use both direct injection and port injection so could run you into problems if the system doesn't function properly and it won't hold its market value.The Toyota on the other hand has a less complicated fueling system and much more reliable and considerably cheaper to maintain due to the availability of second hand parts but It won't be outstanding in the performance(acceleration and stuff) when compared to the eclipse.

On 10/18/2018 at 5:58 PM, vag2 said:

Mitsubishi diesel of these has fuel system electronics issues, not even the agent knows a proper solution.

Would like to know what this issue is? 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 5:36 PM, sfernando said:

The CRV is losing value as is, people who bought the for around 10.7 mil now letting them go for 9.1 ish.

On the other hand almost all cars are depreciating now.

On 10/30/2018 at 1:04 AM, Praveen98 said:

The eclipse has a quite complicated fuel injection system where they use both direct injection and port injection so could run you into problems if the system doesn't function properly and it won't hold its market value.The Toyota on the other hand has a less complicated fueling system and much more reliable and considerably cheaper to maintain due to the availability of second hand parts but It won't be outstanding in the performance(acceleration and stuff) when compared to the eclipse.

What  could cause to fail this so called "complicated fuel system". Anyways, I am using the an Eclipse for few weeks and its really a great vehicle to drive and the engine torque is just amazing. 

17 hours ago, vitz said:

What  could cause to fail this so called "complicated fuel system". Anyways, I am using the an Eclipse for few weeks and its really a great vehicle to drive and the engine torque is just amazing. 

I meant in the long run the primary intank fuel pump has to feed fuel to both the port injection(PI) rail and the secondary pump which is the high pressure fuel pump for the Gasoline Direct injection(GDI) rail so thats more stress on the primary pump.And since PI and GDI is used at low to mid range rpm and only GDI at high rpms, a GDI injector failure will have drastic effects on the combustion process at low to midrange rpms as it'll lean out the mixture as sufficient fuel is not in the combustion chamber.So a fuel system check up once every 40k kilometres might be a good idea.

Why do Sri Lankans like to dwell on things that may or may not happen in the future rather than do what needs to be done now ? Cars, politics, education, health, everything....

The fuel pump MIGHT break..fine...your entire engine block MIGHT crack...turbo units MIGHT seize up....maintain the car properly, use it, enjoy it and lets not try to get paranoid about what might fail (especially in a car that has barely hit the market)....if one is going to spend all this time and effort thinking of what might go wrong and how much the resale value is...just don't buy a car...rent one when you need one and use uber (or grab or whatever those things are).  There is no such thing as a perfect car....every car has its issues !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:36 PM, sfernando said:

I don't think the vast majority who buys SUVs use them off-road lol. They will go in a Prado,Pajero or whatever it is to yala and still use one of those rented jeeps :D , probably due to the paint being scratched for tree branches. 

I think No 2 and 3 will be more or less the same , just personal preference other than one being a diesel. No.1 is smaller, different league, should have worry free ownership since it's new. 

1 hour ago, TheFlyingFox said:

I don't think the vast majority who buys SUVs use them off-road lol. They will go in a Prado,Pajero or whatever it is to yala and still use one of those rented jeeps :D , probably due to the paint being scratched for tree branches. 

Thats true and most of the vehicles we called as SUV are not SUVs (eg - In my opinion CR-V should not be called as an SUV). One of my friend who owns a BMW X1 said that the correct term is 'Sports activity vehicle' vs Prado is a SUV where it has a body on frame construction.

For paint being scratched for tree branches ones I saw a body wrap job on a Hilux.

6 hours ago, Sadik said:

Am also not aware of such an issue. Are u referring to the DPF clogging problem ?

We have been using several Mitsubishi Suvs and pickups and I currently own 2, all diesel all nearing the 100000km mark,  spent countless hours at the agents relating to maintenance but never heard any issue as such. My in-laws own a 200000 mile UK  raging bull pickup with factory dpf, yet no issue. 

other than them being thirsty and a bit costly to maintain I haven't seen any major problem with the mitsubishi diesel suvs, alteast they have powerful old lumps with loads of torque, compared to these 1000cc and 1500cc wannabe suvs which are slow when you compare, my uncle own a first gen pajero ( palath saba) single owner brand new import, unopened engine 250000 odd km turbo M/T, that thing rapes vezels and CHRs easy.

Edited by tiv

45 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

Thats true and most of the vehicles we called as SUV are not SUVs (eg - In my opinion CR-V should not be called as an SUV). One of my friend who owns a BMW X1 said that the correct term is 'Sports activity vehicle' vs Prado is a SUV where it has a body on frame construction.

For paint being scratched for tree branches ones I saw a body wrap job on a Hilux.

A 4WD Townace Noah  ( CR51)  or a Hiace 4WD has more ground clearance than the new CR-V. It's more or less a bling and soccer mom wagon.

yea as for the wrap we tend to use these universal matte black wrap, thing is extremely sticky and resistant to tear or puncture. Used to be 295 rs a foot at 4ft wide, covers the sides with like 3000 bucks. Saves the paint from some of the shrubs and thorns. It does look funny and pointless but u will be amazed how deep a thorn scrapes the paint.

1 hour ago, tiv said:

We have been using several Mitsubishi Suvs and pickups and I currently own 2, all diesel all nearing the 100000km mark,  spent countless hours at the agents relating to maintenance but never heard any issue as such. My in-laws own a 200000 mile UK  raging bull pickup with factory dpf, yet no issue.

May be this is bit out of topic but just thought of sharing this video which I really like.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sadik said:

Am also not aware of such an issue. Are u referring to the DPF clogging problem ?

Thats common to all Japanese Common rail diesels,due to our hi-sulfur fuel quality. This issue in 2012ish Pajeros is with the Fuel pressure and Temperature sensors. When it comes the vehicle wont start. Temporary solution is to remove the sensor. The vehicle of our "Loku Hamuduruvo" is at the agents for months now.

On 11/1/2018 at 3:32 PM, iRage said:

Why do Sri Lankans like to dwell on things that may or may not happen in the future rather than do what needs to be done now ? Cars, politics, education, health, everything....

The fuel pump MIGHT break..fine...your entire engine block MIGHT crack...turbo units MIGHT seize up....maintain the car properly, use it, enjoy it and lets not try to get paranoid about what might fail (especially in a car that has barely hit the market)....if one is going to spend all this time and effort thinking of what might go wrong and how much the resale value is...just don't buy a car...rent one when you need one and use uber (or grab or whatever those things are).  There is no such thing as a perfect car....every car has its issues !

I sometimes wonder if these people think 'will my son become a drug addict [or worse a politician]  or will my daughter become a prostitute when they decide to have a kid - for those paranoid types out there - just remember even before your eclipse fuel injector malfunctions a Kataragama Colombo bus driver high on thanamalwila weed could actually flatten you and your car one fine sunny day on galle road. Yeah I know it's a bit dark ....but that's one way of looking at things?‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, matroska said:

I sometimes wonder if these people think 'will my son become a drug addict [or worse a politician]  or will my daughter become a prostitute when they decide to have a kid - for those paranoid types out there - just remember even before your eclipse fuel injector malfunctions a Kataragama Colombo bus driver high on thanamalwila weed could actually flatten you and your car one fine sunny day on galle road. Yeah I know it's a bit dark ....but that's one way of looking at things?‍♂️

What might happen to a car is much more important than what mighy happen to a child. 

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2018 at 1:42 PM, vag2 said:

Thats common to all Japanese Common rail diesels,due to our hi-sulfur fuel quality. This issue in 2012ish Pajeros is with the Fuel pressure and Temperature sensors. When it comes the vehicle wont start. Temporary solution is to remove the sensor. The vehicle of our "Loku Hamuduruvo" is at the agents for months now.

Sorry i notice that you say Pajero - Are u referring to the JDM version , and just to understand the reference is for 4M41 engines ?  Thanks 

Also on a side note , i read afew cases on older 4M41s having a speed sensor issue being misdiagnosed as fuel pressure sensor issues / or rather need for full pump overhaul. Might be an exploitable lead to your acquaintance?

Edited by Sadik