• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan pulsar FN15 (wagon model)

TMNR

Hi, I'm new to here.

I have a plan  to buy a nissan pulsar FN15 Auto Transmission  (Wagon Model).

I dont know anything about  this car. Need to know about , fuel economy , reliability,

availability of spares (Because I'm in Kegalle ),cost of spares

and all other positive and negative feedback's related  to the vehicle.

please  share  your experiences. Thank you .

nissan.JPG

Hi, and welcome,..

Is it correct to assume you are thinking of getting one ?

Yes, it's a good car,  but at it's age, you'll need to do some work to keep up with neglected maintenance to safely use it.

get it inspected and you'll be good.

Cheers TT.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TMNR said:

Thanks TT. I will do as you said..

if you know please tell me the fuel efficiency, spare parts cost and availability...
thanks 

Usually Nissan cars are reliable. Fuel economy - you may get a decent 7 ~ 8 kmpl on average.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tilvin said:

Usually Nissan cars are reliable. Fuel economy - you may get a decent 7 ~ 8 kmpl on average.

thanks tilvin

7 - 8 mean city? if it is, how about outstation

and also how about nissan pulsar Cj 2 (Saloon model) 

Edited by TMNR

1 hour ago, TMNR said:

thanks tilvin

7 - 8 mean city? if it is, how about outstation

and also how about nissan pulsar Cj 2 (Saloon model) 

Both these vehicles I think mostly uses GA15DE engine(Experts correct me if I am wrong). Some say it is not reliable engine....?. Anyway check with a person who is actually using a car with GA15DE engine.

Both these cars will be around 6.5 ~ 7.5 kmpl in city. And 9~10 kmpl outstation max in my view.....?. Just check with a Nissan expert....?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

here here ?

Yes, I have used the GA15DE engine, and the maximum you would get around col traffic is 7.5, if not 7.. it wont go below 7 though... average driving its 8 and in highway its 11.. 

My dear friend, after long time. Nice to see a Nissan Expert in the forum.....?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

here here ?

Yes, I have used the GA15DE engine, and the maximum you would get around col traffic is 7.5, if not 7.. it wont go below 7 though... average driving its 8 and in highway its 11.. 

sound some what confuse me about DA15DE engine. And i read your past posts. it seems you are a big presea lover. so how about the presea car. and its fuel consumption? is it also use GA15DE engine. 

please give me a advice presealover.

1 hour ago, TMNR said:

sound some what confuse me about DA15DE engine. And i read your past posts. it seems you are a big presea lover. so how about the presea car. and its fuel consumption? is it also use GA15DE engine. 

please give me a advice presealover.

well I've been driving presea's for 5 years now :D 1st car also presea, 2nd car also presea and now again looking for a presea as the 4th car.. the GA15DE engine is a rich sweetheart that comes in the presea as well.. there are enough of spare parts to be found (If not i wouldnt go for the presea).. and maintainence cost is also low and just keep 100,000/- as spare money and get all the suspension and minor repairs done after buying the car and it will give you no trouble for the next 2 years... I would recommend you the presea over the fb14 or pulsar, because presea is more spacious, more classy and elegant for a boy.. I have gone to all corners of the country, (hills and offroad) with 5 people in the car and full AC and had no problems at all.. there is a fb group names 'Nissan Presea', join that too, you will get more insights in that group... like i said fuel consumption of that is around col traffic is 7.5, if not 7.. it wont go below 7 though... average driving its 8 and in highway its 11.. 

• Like 2

On 10/19/2018 at 8:35 AM, PreseaLover said:

well I've been driving presea's for 5 years now :D 1st car also presea, 2nd car also presea and now again looking for a presea as the 4th car.. the GA15DE engine is a rich sweetheart that comes in the presea as well.. there are enough of spare parts to be found (If not i wouldnt go for the presea).. and maintainence cost is also low and just keep 100,000/- as spare money and get all the suspension and minor repairs done after buying the car and it will give you no trouble for the next 2 years... I would recommend you the presea over the fb14 or pulsar, because presea is more spacious, more classy and elegant for a boy.. I have gone to all corners of the country, (hills and offroad) with 5 people in the car and full AC and had no problems at all.. there is a fb group names 'Nissan Presea', join that too, you will get more insights in that group... like i said fuel consumption of that is around col traffic is 7.5, if not 7.. it wont go below 7 though... average driving its 8 and in highway its 11.. 

pesea lover. what are the diffenrent between pulsar cj1 and cj 2. and fuel economy between these two cars?

4 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

as far as I know the only difference is the front grille.. cj1 is the older version and cj2 is the facelift.. once again fuel is the same.. bottom line, fuel figures of pulsar, presea, fb14 are the same and no difference.. 

thanks for your answer presea lover

16 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

as far as I know the only difference is the front grille.. cj1 is the older version and cj2 is the facelift.. once again fuel is the same.. bottom line, fuel figures of pulsar, presea, fb14 are the same and no difference.. 

Nope...the CJ-II and CJ-I grades/trim-levels were present from the very beginning. So you get facelifted CJ-I and pre-facelift CJ-IIs. They are different trim levels so the base accessories/features and which of those were standard and options would have been different.

1996 (thus pre-facelift) CJ-II

1996 Nissan Pulsar CJ-II for Pakistan to Karachi

1999 (thus facelift) CJ-I

Used 1999 NISSAN PULSAR BF466680 for Sale

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, iRage said:

Nope...the CJ-II and CJ-I grades/trim-levels were present from the very beginning. So you get facelifted CJ-I and pre-facelift CJ-IIs. They are different trim levels so the base accessories/features and which of those were standard and options would have been different.

thanks IRage.. So what is the best option from these two cars?

10 minutes ago, TMNR said:

thanks IRage.. So what is the best option from these two cars?

First and foremost...the best option is the car that is the best condition ! these are old cars so irrespective of the grade/trim-level, you need to give more focus on the condition of the car.

The higher grade is the CJ-II the lower is CJ-I. But they may or may not have the same features/accessories depending on what the person in Japan ordered the car with. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2018 at 9:21 AM, TMNR said:

Hi, I'm new to here.

I have a plan  to buy a nissan pulsar FN15 Auto Transmission  (Wagon Model).

I dont know anything about  this car. Need to know about , fuel economy , reliability,

availability of spares (Because I'm in Kegalle ),cost of spares

and all other positive and negative feedback's related  to the vehicle.

please  share  your experiences. Thank you .

nissan.JPG

Hi TMNR,

I'm using a 96 Pulsar FN15 X1 as a daily runner for last 4 years & ran 48k so far without major repairs. GA15DE does around 7k on Malabe to Kollupitiya vice versa. But it does around 13-14k on expressway.