• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

what is this part in toyota vitz?

Optimus3000

From the embossed lettering on the metal ring, it looks like it's from AERO which is a company that manufactures suspension components. So that has to be a suspension bush. 

If this had really fallen off your car, you would feel a difference in the way the car handles or the way it drives over rough roads. Check under your car and see if the rear struts are hanging. If you're in doubt, take your car to a garage and get your undercarriage and suspension checked out to make sure everything is OK.

A rubber bush falling off a 2017 Vitz? Somewhat an unlikely occurrence. Has anyone meddled with your suspension or steering parts? Or were you doing any off-road driving.

Edited by Rumesh88

23 hours ago, Davy said:

From the embossed lettering on the metal ring, it looks like it's from AERO which is a company that manufactures suspension components. So that has to be a suspension bush. 

If this had really fallen off your car, you would feel a difference in the way the car handles or the way it drives over rough roads. Check under your car and see if the rear struts are hanging. If you're in doubt, take your car to a garage and get your undercarriage and suspension checked out to make sure everything is OK.

Thanks a  bunch.I was trying to figure out what it was.will fix it after taking to a garage

21 hours ago, Rumesh88 said:

A rubber bush falling off a 2017 Vitz? Somewhat an unlikely occurrence. Has anyone meddled with your suspension or steering parts? Or were you doing any off-road driving.

yes.On my way to office,part of the road is rough & having uneven surface.rest of the road is ok.since low ground clearance in this car, it's very difficult to drive off-road

• Like 1

AERO makes all kinds of bushes so it can be anything from a suspension components to a spacer.

But those bushes are attached through a nut and bolt aren't they (aren't those markings off of a washer in the first pic?) ? How can it just fall off unless the nut and bolt were removed and passed out of the bushing itself ? Anything else you found in the vicinity ? 

10 hours ago, iRage said:

Today i showed my car to two separate mechanics.both examined my car's undercarriage,suspension system,balance bar,this so called "bush" & said this is unlikely to be a part fallen from this car.its a dilemma to me now.recently a D*MO batta vehicle & occasionally three wheels comes to our garden.my guess now is, whether its a fallen part from one such vehicle ,& my kid has brought it to the garage.

Edited by Optimus3000

6 hours ago, Optimus3000 said:

Today i showed my car to two separate mechanics.both examined my car's undercarriage,suspension system,balance bar,this so called "bush" & said this is unlikely to be a part fallen from this car.its a dilemma to me now.recently a D*MO batta vehicle & occasionally three wheels comes to our garden.my guess now is, whether its a fallen part from one such vehicle ,& my kid has brought it to the garage.

Glad you got your doubt cleared. I myself wouldn't have been able to sleep if I noticed an unidentified part that seemed to have fallen off the car.