• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

uaz97

Honda Vezel 2018 RS - maitainance

Hi everyone 😀

I'm looking for general advice on maintaining a honda vezel from any long time users of this vehicle. The 2018 version is pretty good so far I have done a mileage of about 1500km and the fuel economy is within 12kmpl in the city and around 14.5kmpl on the highways. I'm hoping it improves overtime.

So, basically how to avoid any technical issues that may (hopefully not) arise in the honda vezel such as the dual clutch problems. 

Thanks in advance  

Hi everyone 😀

I'm looking for general advice on maintaining a honda vezel from any long time users of this vehicle. The 2018 version is pretty good so far I have done a mileage of about 1500km and the fuel economy is within 12kmpl in the city and around 14.5kmpl on the highways. I'm hoping it improves overtime.

So, basically how to avoid any technical issues that may (hopefully not) arise in the honda vezel such as the dual clutch problems. 

Thanks in advance  

22 hours ago, uaz97 said:

Hi everyone 😀

I'm looking for general advice on maintaining a honda vezel from any long time users of this vehicle. The 2018 version is pretty good so far I have done a mileage of about 1500km and the fuel economy is within 12kmpl in the city and around 14.5kmpl on the highways. I'm hoping it improves overtime.

Thanks in advance  

1st Learn how to drive a dual clutch box without excessive ware there are enough material in the web.

Crawling in heavy traffic is the main killer for dual clutch.

Other than that regular maintenance would be ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, uaz97 said:

Hi everyone 😀

Thanks in advance  

Didn't someone here say the new Vezel comes with a CVT gearbox?

I'm using GP5, which I guess have the same dual clutch transmission. I think following videos would help. Any way be gentle on gear box in heavy traffics and going up hills. ( DCT life has 3 videos. Also there's separate videos DCT for dummies form same presenter explaining the DCT internals  ). Knowing engineering behind your car makes you better driver ( for your car :) ).

Edited by virajn
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2018 at 7:47 AM, sathyajithj99 said:

Didn't someone here say the new Vezel comes with a CVT gearbox?

Nope it's the same DCT Engine

Thanks! Very helpful but I don't think you can avoid the inching forward in the colombo traffic 😕

On 10/18/2018 at 6:47 PM, virajn said:

I'm using GP5, which I guess have the same dual clutch transmission. I think following videos would help. Any way be gentle on gear box in heavy traffics and going up hills. ( DCT life has 3 videos. Also there's separate videos DCT for dummies form same presenter explaining the DCT internals  ). Knowing engineering behind your car makes you better driver ( for your car :) ).

Thanks! Very helpful but I don't think you can avoid the inching forward in the colombo traffic 😕

On 11/3/2018 at 8:39 AM, uaz97 said:

Normally I would wait for gap and go.  it's my car. If something happened cost is for me Not others who even honk at traffic.

Edited by virajn
  • Thanks 1

On 11/4/2018 at 9:00 AM, virajn said:

Normally I would wait for gap and go.  it's my car. If something happened cost is for me Not others who even honk at traffic.

Yes that's true indeed!