• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Stingray Heating issues

Finisher2112

Question

So I bought a new Suzuki Stingray few weeks ago... Brand new and it had 14km mileage (fourteen).

I brought it home from the car dealership (drive around 20km) and noticed its very hot after parking it at home.

I'm not really sure this hotness is normal or abnormal... There's no temperature warnings in the dashboard warning clusters nor there's any problem with the AC running hot, everything inside just works fine but the bonnet is hot to touch.

I've checked the coolant n all, all seems to be fine and full.

Is this normal ?

Sent from my VTR-L29 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

12 answers to this question

16 hours ago, Finisher2112 said:

So I bought a new Suzuki Stingray few weeks ago... Brand new and it had 14km mileage (fourteen).

I brought it home from the car dealership (drive around 20km) and noticed its very hot after parking it at home.

I'm not really sure this hotness is normal or abnormal... There's no temperature warnings in the dashboard warning clusters nor there's any problem with the AC running hot, everything inside just works fine but the bonnet is hot to touch.

I've checked the coolant n all, all seems to be fine and full.

Is this normal ?

Sent from my VTR-L29 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Hot can be a bit comparative as well. I suggest you check with another wagon R / Sting  (identical engine config i.e turbo / non turbo) and see for yourself.. if you feel the your car's heating is too much , for starters just check the fan function. If its on the same fan for AC & engine both then i guess the cooling system may have a block , perhaps a manufacturing fault / debris

what was your last car,is this your first 660cc  Kei-car? These engines are continuosly working at the high end of the possible performance curve and not designed to last  until 300,0000kms like the 1.5L Corollas. I would think of it as a disposible item.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, vag2 said:

what was your last car,is this your first 660cc  Kei-car? These engines are continuosly working at the high end of the possible performance curve and not designed to last  until 300,0000kms like the 1.5L Corollas. I would think of it as a disposible item. 

I also think similar to vag2. These 660 cc vehicles may not be designed to last longer like bigger engine cars. Anyway regarding your heating problem, I can't comment much - since I do not have a kei-car....?

I have no idea about your problem but i also faced similar problem with my toyota car. When i brought ( second hand )  it,  i noticed that there is an abnormal heat after parked. but the heat indicator did not light up while driving. after few months later when i was on my way to n- eliya, RED heat indicator lighted up.

I  changed coolent , radiator. but the problem was there.

later i discovered that there was a small gasket leak in the engine. While driving on  flat areas it was not a issue to the car. but when it get load, it could not bear the heat. 

the best thing is compare it with another Wagon R .  Also start the car and open the radiator cap and check if it gives any bubbles.

modern vehicles does not come with heat meters. that is a problem to check this types of problems .. i personally do not like bulb indicators .

Edited by PathumLK:::::::